ICE Upgrade

Hello chaps.

Looking to upgrade my ice in the Lupo, currently running the standard Beta HU.

Firstly, I will be upgrading the HU to get a CD player and upgrade in sound quality.

What im looking for in order of preference.

1. Looks (More OEM the better)

2. sound quality

3. features

Im looking at a few options;

1. Pioneer DEH-3200UB

2. Pioneer DEH-6200BT similar to above but with bluetooth bonus.

3. Old Second hand becker mexico pro - I used to have one of these in my fabia years ago. The best looking HU in my opinion as it has the true OEM look. Lacking in features, but top quality sound. Around £200

What are peoples opinions, will all the above options greatly improve the quailty firstly with the standard speakers, then also when I upgrade the speakers.

I cant really find any reviews on the pioneers, are they good?

Many thanks for now.

If you want sound quality you need to go for the Becker, well out of those 3 choices.

Id personally go for a pioneer P88RS or a alpine 9887.

If you wanna keep std speakers for a while you could just add some sound deadening to the doors, then just seal the doors up. Could made some speaker baffles too.

But to make a huge difference u need some new componants an a nice 2 channel amp, but need to be mounted well with plenty of deadening.

Thanks guys, im not sure how old the becker is but I know they made them in 2005/2006 and stopped making them a few years ago.

Would the sound quality really be much better than the becker?

Any other suggestions, remember oem look is king here... budget around £150.

Edited by DanGB

I've upgraded mine to a gamma unit, then added a Connects2 aux interface so i can take sound from an mp3 player (which i've since nicked and installed in the passat, swapping the 6 disc dash changer). Next upgrades are going to be rca out from the unit to an amp, then put in some component speakers, all of which are purchased, just not quite got around to fitting ;)

I've upgraded mine to a gamma unit, then added a Connects2 aux interface so i can take sound from an mp3 player (which i've since nicked and installed in the passat, swapping the 6 disc dash changer). Next upgrades are going to be rca out from the unit to an amp, then put in some component speakers, all of which are purchased, just not quite got around to fitting ;)

Any reason why you havent upgraded the HU?

Any reason why you havent upgraded the HU?

Well, technically I did, seeing as the car came with a beta unit ;)

Nah, in reality i do a lot of scooting about town. I didn't want something where i had to take the head off each time, and as i work in schools i don't want something that looks fancy enough that one of the kids might put a brick through the window to relieve me of. I'm reckoning on it all sounding ok, as using the rca outs I'll be bypassing the gamma's internal amps anyway. Well, that's my theory anyways...

Thanks dood.

I wont be getting an amp as its extra expensive and too much faff to install. So hopefully a good HU to start with will do the trick with some nice components.