tyre stretch for 7x15

CoNNoR

im wanting to stretch my tyres ive got 7inch wide wheels and have a 195 on at min but catches on wheel arch

what size tyre do u recomend im wanting a lower profile than a 50 maybe a 45 or 40

cheers :confused:

p.s i dont want ridiculas tyre stretch

im wanting to stretch my tyres ive got 7inch wide wheels and have a 195 on at min but catches on wheel arch

what size tyre do u recomend im wanting a lower profile than a 50 maybe a 45 or 40

cheers :confused:

p.s i dont want ridiculas tyre stretch

195/45... Would be my choice.

185/45... Nankang's only.

165/50

Look on tyrestretch.com for an idea of how they all look...

http://www.tyrestretch.com/index.php

Edited by 99hjhm

195/45/15 on 7j with Et 27, adjuster out at the back and they only rub when I push it hard round corners.

Oh and roll your arches, with 195/45 and rolled arches you should bet set.

How low is yours

And would it rub with out the arches being rolled

Depends on your offset. Even then, it's hard to say for definate whether yours will rub or not.

165/50/15 Bridgestone Potenzas are great tyres, look nice on a 7j, and will solve your rubbing problems. If you want stretch, they're the ones to go for.

I dont know how low in mm my car is, but Im not running rear adjusters on the back, so as low as it will go on Ap coiovers on the rear.

If you're running the car low with ET28 Id say you'd need to roll your arches to be on the safe side.

Mines not that low only40mm

Where u get ur arches rolled?

i would get my arches rolled but not now cos im still learning to drive ive got my test in nov... i cant get my car there and i need it to practice so what your saying for the time being ill be ok at 40mm down on 195/45

thanks

id recommend 165/50/15 potenzas, i'm running them on my 15 x 7 Zender Turbos, and there awesome, never had a problem with them and they look good too imo. I was running nankang ns-2 165/50's all around and had a few iffy moments in the wet, just driving normally. potenzas are the way to go.

There's tons of people that run 165/50's on 7's with no problems at all.

I have 165/50's on a set of 8's, and have given then some stick, and have never had a problem with them.

Of course, it's impossible to say that it definitely won't happen...

what do you mean by problems in the wet??? :)

thanks

Iv'e had a few different incidents where my car has been abit overly lively in the wet with the nankangs which has put me off them... i was accelerating slowly from a junction in heavy rain onto a four lane road, 2 lanes for going traffic and 2 for oncoming traffic, as i was just starting to turn my car starting to slide, it slid over the 4 lanes of traffic and i ended up sideways but stopped just as i was about to hit the curb on the otherside, luckily the guy behind seen what was happening and slowed right down otherwise he would of been in the side of me lol... this was the main freak incident that put me off them tbf...

But then again others have ran them without any problems in the wet, maybe i was just a little unlucky that day or there was somethign on the road lol... and as philplop says tons of ppl run 165/50's on 7's, alot of my friends do and they have never had a problem.

Edited by BaileyVW