how lowwwww?

Right so got my TA Technix coilies and had them a while now, just waiting on friend to be back off holiday to help fit as he has some experience which is more than my none. Anyway i want to go LOW! and they go 120mm on front an 90mm on rear with adjusters in so maybe more with them out but that sounds dandy. Not worried about scrubbing or cats eyes/speedbumps etc thats part of the fun haha! Just wondering how low i can go before having to get the chassis notched or anything major like that?

Cheers :)

Don't worry about scrubbing or hitting cats eyes, you won't be anywhere near low enough. I have no helpers in my TA's and my chassis hasn't been notched.

I hit cat's eyes but i'm probably down 150mm on the front, if not more, on smaller tyres...

i'm probably down 150mm on the front

oh my god!! so basically can go as low as i can bear the scrubbing yes?

may i ask how you navigate speedbumps and the suchlike?

1 thing i am worried about is the camber of my road then the like uphill pavement onto my drive, always reverse on anyway but can see this being a factor stopping me going serious low :(

Set it at a sensible height to start and let the coilies settle, then you can bring it down as much as you want. Hieght adjustment shouldnt be that hard.

Oh, give the coilovers a good grease on the threads, it'll stop them from seizing.

yea cheers, heard about greasing them so will give them a good coat of fuchs marine grease, should do the trick :)

Don't worry about scrubbing or hitting cats eyes, you won't be anywhere near low enough. I have no helpers in my TA's and my chassis hasn't been notched.

I hit cat's eyes but i'm probably down 150mm on the front, if not more, on smaller tyres...

This puts a smile on my face. :)

oh my god!! so basically can go as low as i can bear the scrubbing yes?

may i ask how you navigate speedbumps and the suchlike?

1 thing i am worried about is the camber of my road then the like uphill pavement onto my drive, always reverse on anyway but can see this being a factor stopping me going serious low :(

My bumper scrapes to **** going on and off a drive, worse if reversing.

Speedbumps are a no go, bumper doesn't even get over it to let me scrape the exhaust and sills over.

Really wouldn't worry about road camber and such. I get around fine as a daily with the wishbone being about 30mm off the floor. Standard steels you'll be like a monster truck :D

Picture of mine for referance. You get this low you're doing a good job!

30208_392038237971_602012971_414244.jpg

Edited by BenLAST

i know, low profile tyres or any kind of stretch on standard steelies is just never ever going to happen as funny but possibly ridiculous as it would look lmao, i want some cheap 13 or 14 with some width say 7.5 front and 8-8.5 rears but still want tuck so i can have big lows with no archwork :)

not worried about road camber its just down my road, that combined with the 'hill'(pavement) up to my drive will ruin my front bumper for sure!!

WOW your low :wub:

Edited by williamz

I run 13 x 7 and 8, unless you get some high offset wheels, you won't be tucking at all.

I'll show you a pic when i get my new shiney 16's on. Tucked and just as low.

Speedbumps are a no go, bumper doesn't even get over it to let me scrape the exhaust and sills over.

Really wouldn't worry about road camber and such. I get around fine as a daily with the wishbone being about 30mm off the floor. Standard steels you'll be like a monster truck :D

633519250067556317-Envy---It-wears-a-coat-and-hangs-out-in-hallways.jpg

Thats me ^>

lmao^^ :) how hes that low, no notching is beyond me! 120mm would be nice will leave helpers in, can do 90mm on rear but may take adjusters out to go that bit more cus nicely tucked with standard steelies see :)

BenLAST has done more than just remove the helpers and adjuster cup I'm sure.

Also Ben.. you can get the front even lower you have PM :coffee:

BenLAST has done more than just remove the helpers and adjuster cup I'm sure.

Also Ben.. you can get the front even lower you have PM :coffee:

Love it. Will wait for new wheels to be on first as the tyre currently sits about 1mm from the arch lol.

The rears are just standard with adjusters removed. Bass weighs it down a bit more. Will be cutting and chopping soon though.

this makes me do a little mistake in my pants!

I find it very wierd when people leave comments like this. its a car.

i find it weird that you feel the need to add that comment, if you dont like what i say, deal with it.........

williamz i would be interested to see how low the back of your car goes with the adjusters out as i cant get mine low enough, looking at cuting a coil out of the back as i have loads of lows left at the front

williamz i would be interested to see how low the back of your car goes with the adjusters out as i cant get mine low enough, looking at cuting a coil out of the back as i have loads of lows left at the front

well i have had my coilies about 2-3 weeks just been waiting for a friend to get back from corfu to help fit them.. im on 13s with 175/60or65 standard steels and tyres basically haha so dont know should be able to go low cus of tuck ;)

will post back here when ive done it, hopefully this sunday or next :)