The Shackmobile !

Dannyshack

Hiya, i've just joined this forumn and got advised to put a post in this area, so here it is :)

I recently passed my driving test on wednesday and have got a Lupo 1.0- Fantasia Green. It is a V reg, and has currently clocked just over 15,500 miles. The

These are a couple of pictures of when i got it 2 months ago, recently ive put new tyres and alloys on and a cd player in :D

Before

4898461012_91bc2d0e78_b.jpg

26823_349148710138_737995138_3497843_2196039_n by Dannyshack, on Flickr

Before ( Same colour just switched aperature on my camera by accident )

4898461134_6bfb95663d_b.jpg

/'>26823_349148730138_737995138_3497844_3491780_n by Dannyshack, on Flickr

The car with new wheels and alloys on, aswell as a wash and in the sun :P

4898030162_53b6992441_b.jpg

Car by Dannyshack, on Flickr

Edited by Dannyshack

Nice car, looks very clean! You're one lucky chap!

Keep it nice and simple.

If you can; lower it more than 30mm 'cause after 2 days you will wish you had gone lower, but obviously you'll have to take insurance costs in to account.

Not really a fan of dark windows, but a subtle all round tint would be better than a dark rear only.

Tinted rear lights? Again not a fan, but done right they can look OK.

Don't fall foul and just follow all the boy racers in "the town", take your time and make the correct choices first time.

You have been given a fantastic opportunity so you owe it to your grandparents to "do it right"! Have a good lok at other 1.0 and 1.4 litre modles on here for inspiration.

To be honest, with such a clean car I would just put it as low as you can on coilovers and keep it clean. Very, very clean.

Enjoy it whatever you do.

Agree with silver - I dropped mine 40mm to begin with and then was straight away saving for coilovers because it just wasn't low enough!

Looks nice though! Love the colour B)

Looks like a spotless car.

Give these threads a read, will give you some ideas what can be done and will let you see what mods look like.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=27686

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=27699

Edited by Deadmetal

How low would it be possible to go just on the springs ?, think i am just dropping them on the springs instead of changing all the suspension and that to save some money :)

Thanks for the help aswell guys, ill update it when i get back from holiday.

umm i think you can get 80mm springs mate, well a friend has some on his corsa anyway so dont see why not.. but coilovers ftw mate!

keep it subtle, lower, clean and nooooooo big bodykits, reiger if atall!

for now keep it how it is, low in that colour will look cooooool :)

Edited by williamz

This is the perfect base to make an out and out show car. 15000miles!

Please don't tint the lights and windows, keep away from body kits. This car be a real stunner but will be ruined if you do that.

My opinion obviously...

• 5 weeks later...

me and my dad have spent weeks trying to tint the back windows in dark smoke ourselves, the film was like tissue paper and we had no chance so dropped it off today and got it professionally done, ill post a picture up tomorrow when the windows have dryed and its had its wash :P

• 3 weeks later...

very good base and looks mega clean but im with the others ^^^

look through the readers rides section there are some very nice examples on here id say rather than buying tint film spray ect buy coilovers only £180 for a cheap ebay set and they will improve it so much

good luck and enjoy it

yeah a cheap set are around £200, And even if you buy the springs you will most likley buy coilies in the future when you don't think your 60mm is low enough, as for the lights it's up to you obviously but imo not worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...

hiya, just a little update. I'm maybe swaying towards the coilovers if i can get a cheap pair, what make/model should i look for and does anybody know anyone selling some. Also im going to spray the break calipers green and putting daylight running lights on the section below the grill at the bottom, thats pretty much it for small updates atm.

ive just found these :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Lupo-Seat-Arosa-Coilovers-lowering-suspension-/220673566871?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33612b6897

does anyone know if these would be good? thanks.

Edited by Dannyshack

Been a while since i took some pictures, so went out with the camera today.

Here they are anyways, enjoy.

5099088531_84bb74ac78.jpg

IMGP3594 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

5099089669_d7ebda8178.jpg

IMGP3598 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

Neighbours cat wanted to be in on the action :lol:

5099689376_2339cbb9a4.jpg

IMGP3599 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

5099092635_faa1885d2e.jpg

IMGP3608 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

Thought i'd go for an unusual shot :P

5099093879_3514b077b9.jpg

IMGP3612 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

5099693690_7154914a4b.jpg

Edited by Dannyshack

So jealous of this car! basically a new lupo :wub:

Style is not to my taste at all, but hey, im not the one driving it!

Coilovers are a must though.... if you're getting 60mm springs you're going to need shocks anyway so may aswell get coilovers. have a look on the kam racing website, think they've got a really good deal on FK's atm.

I'm jealous of your mileage. Really good base to start off with, you're lucky! :D Get some coilies bought, not really keen on them wheels tbh but it looks very clean!:D

Nice pictures too! :)

Its going up slowly but surely but i guess when i sell it on 3-4 years it will still be low compaired to the others :) , tbh i took them pictures when its dirty the shine is blinding when its clean ;), Thanks, im going to get more pics up soon.

So jealous of this car! basically a new lupo :wub:

Style is not to my taste at all, but hey, im not the one driving it!

Coilovers are a must though.... if you're getting 60mm springs you're going to need shocks anyway so may aswell get coilovers. have a look on the kam racing website, think they've got a really good deal on FK's atm.

thanks ill check it out :)

Another little update... coilovers have been ordered cant wait :rolleyes:, i met up with some mates tonight and we took a couple of pics of our cars, LUPO FTW :P

5121435671_88b026c4e9.jpg

IMGP3618 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

5122039508_e84b9e2b20.jpg

IMGP3619 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

5121438405_d2cfed1f4d.jpg

IMGP3620 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

5121439799_0839b9e366.jpg

IMGP3624 by Dannyshack, on Flickr