Dont confuse VW with quality of any kind.

nfbr

Picked up my lupo today, Supposedly been PDI's and MOT'd

NEITHER HAVE BEEN DONE

i have 2 reverse lights out, Swapped the bulbs, and Still i have 2 reverse lights out.

so obviously its the Reverse switch.

My car should not have got through either a PDI or a MOT without reversing lights.

I wouldn't mind if this happened a week or so into owning. But when i've just picked the car up this morning and half of the jobs that should have been done havent been done!!!

No doubt this means i'll be without a car for half a day some time in the next week or so, all down to the ignorance, and laziness of others.

THANK YOU VW. I HOPE ALL YOUR LAZY C*** MECHANICS GET INFECTED WITH THE SARS

i'm gona cry. I wish i'd never bought this car.

I though i was buying into good old "German Quality" i now realise it is made in spain along with the arosa sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Any ideas where the reverse switch is incase its just the wire connector thats popped out?

got the same motor as you but a 53' plater....

used to be a Sales Exec at VW before I worked for Mercedes, and your car should, like all used cars gone through a used car appraisal where the likes of brake light bulbs etc should have been picked up and replaced. If it aint the bulbs, go straight to the fuse box, and check that everyting is ok there with the fuses for the lights gone. Also, get it sorted as soon as even if you have to do it yourself cos the car aint safe to be on the road without 'em.

But, make an issue with the sales manager of the dealership over it, and make sure someone's ass gets kicked over it, and you might see yourself with some lovely freebies to keep you from kickin' an screaming smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

With regards to the MOT; wasn't yours a 2002 Lupo, so shoudn't need an MOT yet, unless they've promised you one when it is due?

All in all m8, dont blame the car tho, cos these sound like things that could simply go on any car for very simple reasons m8, so dont let it ruin what could many years of enjoyable motoring. Mine's a beaut m8, and ive been used to the ol' VW build quality me!

According to Gaz (good friend and MOT inspector) he would fail an MOT if a cars reverse lights arent working. On the other hand if it doesnt have any he wouldn't.

Also its on the MOT checklist that i've got which they gave me earlier in the month when i had the 306 MOT'd

Still, The PDI should have shown up no reverse lights.

The reason its getting an MOT is because the car is 3 years old in march and my dad and the volkswagen garage agreed to start the MOT business a couple of months early as part of the deal with getting the car.

Another problem is, the person who'se supposed to have done all the work and made sure everythins rite is my uncle john (dads best mate).

The car was supposed to have been serviced, Theirs no stamp in the service history for 28k.

Its supposed to have been MOT'd, Theirs no MOT cert, The salesperson said "It'll come thru the post as admin are off until new year" SINCE WHEN was it admin who wrote MOT's ??? Its always been the mechanic and always will be.

As for the PDI, When i did work experience at a renault garage, the only thing i remember from PDI's was standing behind various cars checking all the lights work.

apart from that i'm filling in an application form for the parts dept at VW smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and the saleslady rekons i'm in with a real good chance of gettin it, so i dont wanna make too much fuss. (its the only way out of halfords for 3 years i've ever seen!!!)

:shock: :? @ this whole thread... doesn't sound good at all :S

Not having reverse lights is more of a pain than being dangerous, Fyggy's haven't worked for well over a year now (switch in the gear box is knackered) and it's just annoying when you're sat waiting to reverse out of a space in a car park but no one knows you are waiting to do that so they don't let you out.. :roll:

I though i was buying into good old "German Quality" i now realise it is made in spain along with the arosa sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

1st The Lupo is made in Germany at the Wolfsburg factory, and they also have another plant in Belgium

2nd Anything wrong with the Seat Arosa or with cars made in Spain :?:

Not having reverse lights is more of a pain than being dangerous

For me its dangerous as i have to reverse round a corner to get on my drive, on a quiet road that people come speeding down. If they dont see reverse lights they'll probably drive straight thru me

the dealer are going to ring me tomorrow and arrange for collection and return of the car.

Should i `re-fit` my VW stereo incase they start claiming the random unknowns about stereo wiring causing faults etc?

I bought my GTi from new,and the drivers side rear light didnt work,when i took it back to the dealer they told me bulbs were not cover by warranty,when i told them the car was 2 days old and bulbs should last longer than that they said "no problem" .

15 minutes later they said "it is a faulty bulb holder and we will have to order a new one"

So i agree that VW's PDI sheet with all the little ticks means nothing,but apart from that the car has been faultless.I have done alot of driving over this Christmas,motorways and some good oxfordshire B roads,and the GTi is a good alrounder.It is a shame that we are all let done by a poor quality dealership net work.

will you get a courtesy car?

if its all gonna be sorted out and you get a car, look on it as a free rally car for the day.

i have had a few problems with mine but no more than any other car (except japanese stuff clearly). also my dealer is great, if a bit expensive, but always goes out of their way to help.....

so as most people have said just wait a while and all will come good - good luck with the job too

they were supposed to ring me today to say weather they could or couldn't pick it up, but the person i'm dealing with wasnt in so the message didnt get passed on. its almost definately the reverse switch on the gearbox, i've spoken to many people in the motor trade and they all say the same.

my car passed its mot with no reverse light, its not a requirement for the mot

im agreement with kat on this one it was more of a pain than dangerous, i always had to wait for everyone else to leave a car park before i could

ps my reversing is no better with a light, lol

anyway... i asked my VW Dealer for a basic breakdown of what a "PDI" is (pre delivery inspection) and they said "Lights and Fluid Levels"

thus meaning they've not pdi'd it. lol. arses.

nfbr....i really think youre going way over the top....its just a reverse light for ****s sake, its not really a life changing event now is it?!

anyway, most vws looks like they have 2 but only have one that works (same with foglamps) although its easy to link up the other side to match.

Also, this stuff about spanish cars being inferior to german built cars....what a load of *****, its nice to beleive that cos youve got a german built one its somehow better but nah, its ****.... the cars are still built using the same tolerances, the same machines and robots, just that the people that work in one factoy will go home and eat tapas, while the people in the other factory will go home and eat sausages.

Sorry t here about the problems Al.

Your right to be pissed.

All lights and fluids should have been checked before you took delivery.

At the end of the day, what if it wasnt just bulbs?

If it was a reverse light switch, then you would lose your freshly collected car for a day while they try and work out how to replace it.

It pisses me off that the dealers dont take responabilty for their cock ups.

We make ***** loads of cock ups, but once somethings ggone wrong, we do everything in our power to make it up to our customer.

VW attitude that they are doing us a favour by selling us a car really winds me up.

nfbr....i really think youre going way over the top....its just a reverse light for ****s sake, its not really a life changing event now is it?!

anyway, most vws looks like they have 2 but only have one that works (same with foglamps) although its easy to link up the other side to match.

Also, this stuff about spanish cars being inferior to german built cars....what a load of *****, its nice to beleive that cos youve got a german built one its somehow better but nah, its ****.... the cars are still built using the same tolerances, the same machines and robots, just that the people that work in one factoy will go home and eat tapas, while the people in the other factory will go home and eat sausages.

i gotta agree with this guy, yet again lol. Just chill and let them sort it out. There aint no use flappin about it too much, not unless you can blag something free off the dealer which cant hurt :wink: