OMFG Insurance

williamz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm just passed my test monday ( yay! ) and now the insurers cheapest price i found on a sport was £4272.68 and then £3560.. on a 1.0 :o what is going on! this is ridiculous

p.s happy birthday

JLClark

Edited by _JLClark_

Hmmm just passed my test monday ( yay! ) and now the insurers cheapest price i found on a sport was £4272.68 and then £3560.. on a 1.0 :o what is going on! this is ridiculous

p.s happy birthday

JLClark

thankyouuu :)

Depends on a lot of factors really.

I know a 21 with a GTR and costs him £7000 a year. Also a guy with a e92 M3 and he pays £15k a year to insure it!

at what point would anybody actually agree to 15k a year, for any car???? thats beyond stupid!

• 3 weeks later...

Im got quoted 1400 on a 1.0 e just turned 18 with mods declared, which is just alloys and tints at the moment. had a toyota starlet sr as my first car that was 2200 but sold that and got the lupo to try to save money, wrote off a passat by reversing the lupo into it as it went passed and now the smaller engined lupo has cost me much more after putting it back on the road the cheapest insurance i can get is 2700 so im forced to pay it. its part of being 17 and having a penis lol, were a liability as i proved so we pay lol. :coffee:

Insurance is gay and I'm sure that the companies are involved in some sort of conspiracy.

When I bought my first car 5 years ago I had been driving for about 18 months as a named driver on my dad's car and managed to get insurance on my own for £984 on a K11 micra (same insurance group as a 1.4 non-sport) - even that was rapeage - £19.68 / bhp!!!!

Then I had my 1.4S for a couple years and insurance went down to 460 ish in a couple of years (£6.13 / bhp)... then it got nicked... 3 years NCB down the s**tter (convinced the insurance companies had something to do with this as I was so close to getting 4 years NCB and being able to protect it!!!!) and now I'm back to paying 670 odd on a Sport (£6.70 / bhp) with 1 years NCB!

I know that £ per bhp isn't the greatest method of descrbing insurance premiums for a given performance but it does illustrate my point to some extent - my a**s hurts :(