i want a lupo or arosa so bad

chris c

managed to make friends with 12yan an spend gti international with some of the club lupo lot now i want one so bad lol some really awesome clean lupos and arosas there

great atmosphere around the campsite

managed to make friends with 12yan an spend gti international with some of the club lupo lot now i want one so bad lol some really awesome clean lupos and arosas there

Hehe Thanks Chris biggrin.gif

Will keep my eye out for a lupo tdi :)

If any one can give Chris any tips and things to look out for on TDI's (Al NFBR) LOL, he would really Appreciate it wink.gif

Ryan

You the one with xenons? :confused:

ha ha yeah the silver 6n2 i helped you fold up the marquee lol

any help would be very appreciated never had a diesel before

O haha HI!

Thanks for the help, made it so much easier :)

Mines a big dirty 5 litre track slag so im afraid i cant help you their ;)

anything to look out for the pitfalls of turbo diesels anything worth noting really whats it like living with no boot

i dont do subs or amps so no worries there

also what are the good points mpg ect

thanks chris

as much as a lupo or arosas worth lol

advertised for around the £3500 or offers but i would rather swap its easier lol

take it yours had the schmidts

Ive had two Arosa TDis ...

Really there is very little to look out for on the TDis specifically, as they are actually the hardiest of the lot. No pedal box issues, gearboxes are strong and the engines usually go on forever.

Check for cambelts, they are every 40K miles or 4 years. These rarely get done at this interval and its a must, so make sure the one you get has had a recent change or budget that into your buying costs/haggling. If you replace the cambelt kit yourself, get the water pump changed too.

1.4TDis use the PD specific oil, which is cheap (£20-£25 from the dealers) but it should be used. There is no way of checking this is in a car already unless receipts are there, but id change to that at the earliest point.

Obviously you want one this side of 2001 which will be the lower tax of £30 a year.

Other than that, just do the usual car checks, as you would with any car.

Arosa TDis are a similar spec to the Lupo Sport TDi, give or take a few things between them. Early examples of both had light interiors and no ABS. Later cars had dark interiors and the late Arosa TDis had ABS fitted.

I had my 2002 Arosa TDi for 2 and a half years, covered 34K miles in it and sold it with 60K miles. I never had any problems with it, it was an excellent car. I recently bought a 2003 Arosa TDi with 54K miles which was a very good car, but i just couldnt live with the size of it after having a bigger and more refined car, so ive sold it.

They do keep their value well, which is excellent news. I lost £200 in depreciation in the 2.5 years with my first one!

I dont think i can add any more really. Good luck with the search for one :)

Hey! :)

I met you at the Inters weekend briefly too on the Sunday, I'm the girl from Swindon lol!

In reference to my Arosa topic on here, i'm glad it's influenced your decision to buy an Arosa :)