Looking for some audio advice

Hi

Start off with im brand new to all different types of audio, just to warn you, I have a standard lupo 1.0e and i want to sort the interior out first as i think im going to have this car a while. Im just wondering what speakers would be good, the front speakers are fine, its the back i want to sort out and as you know a lupo isnt a spacey car so the boot isnt huge! Im not wanting to go mad on them aswell so im tending to keep within a budget.

thanks

Dan

Don't bother with rear speakers.

Just upgrade to some good front component speakers and a small amp to power them. It's all you really need in a lupo.

It'll sound crap if you start putting 6x9's on the shelf and such.

Don't bother with rear speakers.

Just upgrade to some good front component speakers and a small amp to power them. It's all you really need in a lupo.

It'll sound crap if you start putting 6x9's on the shelf and such.

Any decent (not expensive) ones out there?

• 4 weeks later...

Try Car Audio Direct. Got some Inphase speakers on there for ÂŁ20 reduced from ÂŁ99! Easy fitment, great sound!

what size speakers will fit in the parcel shelf though because 6 by 9's are too big? just front speakers with a sub isn't good enough!

WRONG.

I have a VW Bora which is a much bigger car than a lupo and even that sounds better with the rear speakers switched off.

There's no point putting speakers in the rear as it just ruins the sound stage and the imaging!

• 2 weeks later...

Anything id need to go with them? or is it just the speakers?

To go with the speaker you will need adapters , any place that sell's speaker for cars will be able to get them for you , you can also get wire adapters that plug into the original wires from the stereo , you can upgrade to a amp later , and if you sell the car later you can then put the original speakers back in .

Edited by NEW2LUPO