Anyone else?

SARAHGTI

The part that Anoys me about football is the pay.

Getting paid £100,000 a week to kick a bag of wind around a field.

It's all good barring that ;)

LOL Many footballers are on no where near £100k a week, big names are, smaller names even in the Premier League are on around £50 - £70k a week.

I know its still a lot of money to "kick a bag of wind around a field" but even so, football is a business, all clubs are businesses kinda.

If you're good at your job, and you get perks, then some other company offers you more money with better chances of higher perks and becoming even better at your job, then someone else bigger matches or even give you a lot more money, you're going to move to them.

If you're a business manager and you think "hm, we could do with so and so in this part of our team to boost this that and the other" you're going to want to hire them, or, in football terms, buy them.

Its a hell of a lot of money to be paid though, but its a demand, and clubs are willing to pay the demand.

If you were a footballer on £70k a week i dont think you'd moan about the rate of pay.

Just like if you had air ride - it wouldnt be for fags then would it...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its one month every four years!

With all the **** that happens in the world such as war, massive financial crisis, oil spills, earthquakes etc. Your moaning about the some blokes kicking a bag of wind about and other people enjoyong it! Get a grip!

I don't get why a grown man would pay £?? (I'd hate to think what a ticket cost for a premiership match) to go and sit and watch a bunch of posers, morons, drunks, druggies and wifebeaters play football. Let alone encourage their kids to idolise them.

Pay them an average wage and I may just be intersted in watching a game or two, and they would still earning more than they're worth to society.

With the current state of world affairs I just can't see anything in football, or any other sport for that matter, to get passionate about.

As I said before, I am sure there are some good role nmodels out their in the world of professional football and it's maybe time the media spent some time on them instead of the losers (or winners).

...and may the best team win!

Bobbo is on the money , let us enjoy our week of sport. If you don't like it change the channel and don't read the papers . I gave soaps but they still take up 2 or more hours a night 5 days a week, do we make a thread complaining

Just like the TV channel, this is a thread you can stay away from if you don't like the content. Sarah was looking for like minded souls, not an argument "for" the world cup or football in general.

Please shut the door on your way out. :coffee:

I gave soaps but they still take up 2 or more hours a night 5 days a week, do we make a thread complaining

...and just because you are the first to be pedantic, what the stuff does that mean? :confused:

LOL!...

As above in my post silver, a club is pretty much a business, the more they pay out, the better chance they have of getting the trophies and massive amounts of money back they want.

And as for them being 'morons, drunks and druggies' thats just singling out a few people. Ferdinand did drugs. What aboout the other 400 people in the premier league? Drunks? Who? The amount of people that go to town and get into fights every week - footballers are only human... And as for morons, they arnt the brightest crayon in the box, but while we were all at work, learning new things, or at college, or university or anything - they were out "kicking a bag of wind" around a field to be good at their talent.

Its what the interests are, i dont mean to get into an argument but twisting something and making out it takes no skill or anything is a bit pointless.

I dont think susan boyle should've been given £1,000,000 by simon cowell on her birthday for "Screaming into a microphone"

Or Diversity given a movie deal alongside other amazing things for "Collapsing around a floor"

Or photographers to earn loads from a photoshoot for "Clicking a button or two on their camera"

The money doesnt come out of the government, it comes out of clubs, which as i've said - are technically businesses.

And as for paying £££ for watching a match, its whatever they want to spend it on, we all like to spend it on our cars, a nice set of BBS are over £1,000 - for a bit of metal and rubber.

It's a little known fact that the wages the players earn playing for england, goes to charity.

and you dont like football then dont bloody watch it or speak about it, pretty simple really. I'm also sick of the little digs being given by our bitter neighbours we arnt really arsed if you dont like england, so just keep it to yourselves.

Its once every two years that most of us unite as one and support our country and the game we love, and theres no other feeling like it. when that ball hits the back of the net and everybody is jumping and shouting its brilliant!

It's a little known fact that the wages the players earn playing for england, goes to charity.

and you dont like football then dont bloody watch it or speak about it, pretty simple really. I'm also sick of the little digs being given by our bitter neighbours we arnt really arsed if you dont like england, so just keep it to yourselves.

Its once every two years that most of us unite as one and support our country and the game we love, and theres no other feeling like it. when that ball hits the back of the net and everybody is jumping and shouting its brilliant!

I am English and I am still embarrassed by the fuss that is English football. I can't even buy a Mars bar that isn't wrapped in the St Georges Cross, so imagine how the Scots, Irish and Welsh feel getting Eng-er-land shoved in their face at every opportunity.

Little digs? You must be missing something, 'cause I see **** off great big ones from where I'm sitting! ;)

And I promise I won't watch any football if you don't come into this thread. :)

Who cares what they get paid!!! im on jealous of the big earners!

Like i said before (cant believe no one has agreed) The world cup is a great excuss to get together with all your mates and support your country, and have some beers! what more could you ask for in life really?....a new set of wheels? lol

Going down the pub with all the other england supports is awesome, then that atmosphere and celebrations when they score/win is great!

Silver maybe you could have worked out the hate uses the same buttons on predictive text ? ? And are you going to tell everyone with a pro world cup view the same thing ?

Do the Scottish, Irish and Welsh have mars bars with the England flag on?!

All the pubs by me, when its St. Patricks day they're all plastered in green and all things associated, but i dont complain.

I cant stand rugby, but i never complain when its the Rugby World Cup, nor when the adverts are on.

It's all about just the whole country getting along and hoping we can win, regardless of wether you like football or not.

Like I said, if you want to set up a Pro football thread I won't visit (apart from in Moderator mode). I'm sure there's already a couple or three on here already.

So why would you come in here and force your opinions on those who don't want them?

Silver maybe you could have worked out the hate uses the same buttons on predictive text ? ? And are you going to tell everyone with a pro world cup view the same thing ?

If they come in to this thread yes. If they start a thread where people want o visit to talk abut football? No.

Do the Scottish, Irish and Welsh have mars bars with the England flag on?!

All the pubs by me, when its St. Patricks day they're all plastered in green and all things associated, but i dont complain.

I cant stand rugby, but i never complain when its the Rugby World Cup, nor when the adverts are on.

It's all about just the whole country getting along and hoping we can win, regardless of wether you like football or not.

No, but they do have the St Georges Cross. ;)

Feel free to start an anti rugby world cup thread, I'm sure some people will join you.

...and I did say, good luck.

I'm not a massive fan of football and dont watch many games.

I am looking forward to the world cup though....Going down the pub with your mates, everyone rooting for england and then going ****ing mental when they bag a goal!!!!!!!!!!! WHAYYYYYYY!!!!

THISSSSS!!!!! Can't wait for the pub!! WHAYYYYYYYYYY indeed!

It's a forum...

Im not 'forcing' opinions, im giving my opinion, wether my comment is read or not i couldnt care less - but im not at all forcing anyone to read them...

You say to us "don't watch the football if you don't like it", I agree and I won't be watching it. All I'm saying is if you don't like what you read in this thread, or don't agree, then 'we' don't care, but go find another thread and leave us to our opinions.

Silver did a footballer once touch you for this hatred for the world cup and footballers in general . Was is gary liniker?

Flag of England...

St George's Cross...

Lots of other orgnisations and countries use the St George's Cross as a symbol too. Just when you see it you think of England and when I see it I think of the St George's Cross and it's numerous other uses.

Silver did a footballer once touch you for this hatred for the world cup and footballers in general . Was is gary liniker?

I used to play football and have been known to touch myself, so yes I s'pose so. I still don't mind watching amateur games. Gary Liniker, is IMO one of the good guys (still over paid though).

Everyone is overpaid unless you're the one with the money.

Flag of England page: "The Flag of England is the St George's Cross" - First line.

Firstly, not true.

Secondly, that is my point, whilst you are so small minded to see the St George's Cross as the English flag, I can see it as The St George's Cross, which has many uses, one of which is the Flag of England.

:)

I am English and I am still embarrassed by the fuss that is English football. I can't even buy a Mars bar that isn't wrapped in the St Georges Cross, so imagine how the Scots, Irish and Welsh feel getting Eng-er-land shoved in their face at every opportunity.

Then what the sodding hell does that quote have to do with anything if its the St. Georges Cross and naff all to do with football?