For all the GTI's running FK's Highsports PLEAE HELP!!

Sara

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The measurements that I would like are like these. I would just like to see if the FK bottom bracket is the same size as others out there.

This is the standard unit

IMG_3358.jpg

And this is the FK

IMG_3345.jpg

Has it had new track rods? I don't see why they can't just unwind the track rods a bit more like you do when adjusting the tracking?

What exactly do you want measuring, can you explain a bit better? I've got standard GTI suspension and a set of Weitec coilovers kicking about so could measure for you...

Not that I know of, but when the guy unwound them to get the tracking correct but found there was only a couple of threads left which caused some concern

Did some measuring today, measured from the wrong point but just take half an inch off the start of the tape and you can work it out!

Image0115.jpg

Image0113.jpg

Can clearly see the standard GTI bottom bracket is much deeper than the coilover bracket. I had no issues running these coilovers on my GTI though.

Image0121.jpg

The size of the that fixing bracket has got bot all to do with the width of the track though.

And this garage that supposedly was setting the tracking, how and why did they measure the width of the track. Thats not something that needs or would be measured, the only thing that could be different there is the length of the track rod ends, these need to be longer in same way that bottom ball joints need to be longer to give the wider track.

So if the track rod ends are to short then your car must have been messed about with before you got it.

Hmmm well that is truly a head battering!?!?!?! they are exactly the same size as the FK's??????? so what seems to be causing my car so much hassle.

Foxy - the garage which is doing the tracking has only told me that when he has been getting the tracking right there are not many threads left on the 'tie rods' which screw onto the track rod.

I really don't understand what's causing all these problems