Cheap Performace Orientated Mods.

PompeyShaun

Hi mate, there was a few old threads from when awsome was doing research on the smaller the engines, they were getting sports to around 120BHP with induction, exhaust mods and a remap IIRC, might be worth a looky.

Im with jamiea on this one , who said performance was more bhp , weight, braking and a correct suspension (not always coilovers) will probably produce more smiles per £ then blowing loads on remap etc and only be able to use it in a straight line .

Demon tweeks is a good place to go, that if it does remaps??

Good place to get ur suspension preped anyways, mine got put through the same checks as the porsche gb cup car before me haha, And i was lower :lol:

you can get some free power aswell by losing weight! im not saying your fat lol just ditch some heavy bits n bobs from the car

I went to bangor the other weekend for Radio 1's big weekend. I took everything out the rear to get better MPG, seemed more fun aswell! definitely noticed a difference.

There is definitely a fair amount of weight to be saved if you can get rid of a few things.

Also, have you felt how heavy the front seats are in a lupo?! some light weight buckets would help a bit

I went to bangor the other weekend for Radio 1's big weekend. I took everything out the rear to get better MPG, seemed more fun aswell! definitely noticed a difference.

There is definitely a fair amount of weight to be saved if you can get rid of a few things.

Also, have you felt how heavy the front seats are in a lupo?! some light weight buckets would help a bit

VW standard seats are ridiculously heavy. I always remove my passenger seat for RWYB's. Considering a bucket seat can weigh less than 10kg and a standard seat I guess is about 30kgs+ you can save a bit.

And yeah... I've got all the carpets, all the rear stereo, all the rear seats, 90% of the sound deadening, all the lower centre console and part of the lower dash removed. We reckon we've pulled nearly 100kgs out of the car including the passenger seat. I even get geekier at the track, I run with the fuel in the red all the time and keep a jerry can full of super unleaded with me :blush:

You'll see at Dub Mania :)

Anyway, cheap BHP upgrades? BHP per pound you cannot beat giggle gas. http://www.noswizard.com/