suspension issues

Sara

Right I have recently fitted Fk's, and a garage to sort the tracking and camber out, they had to modify something to sort the camber out - but found the car was too low for where I live. So they refitted brand new lower arms for the ****e job they did on the car, and heightened the car..... but every time I go round a right hand bend there is a grinding noise???!!! it never did it before and at first thought it was rubbing.

But have checked and no signs of rubbing anywhere......... sounds like a drive shaft may have gone or wheel bearing???? it sounds horrible

Any other ideas on what it could be

Sara

Originally it was the drive shaft touching the chassis on the drivers side, as it was too low.... but with it being alot higher now I can't see anything?!

The size tires are the originals 205/40/16..... I think! lol

It sounds like something grating?? and can feel a vibration through the steering and on the passenger side

go to a different garage then

Cheers never thought of that! :rolleyes: was only asking for some peoples views, maybe I could fix it myself before I take it there..... save money

I was only suggesting it as you had already had the coilovers fitted by a garage so that suggests you dont do work on cars yourself or dont have the tools etc to do so .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by scotty_82

Check all the Subframe mounting bolts and Wishbone mounting bolts are tight.

Check the Two nut/bolts on the Strut/Hub Carrier are tight and that there is no play between the bottom of the strut and the hub carrier.

Standard tyre size is 205/45/15.

Doesn't sound like the driveshaft to me if it only happens on right hand bends. Mine only touches on left handers.

I was only suggesting it as you had already had the coilovers fitted by a garage so that suggests you dont do work on cars yourself or dont have the tools etc to do so .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My bf fits most of the things on my car, with the coilovers he got his mate to give him a hand as he has a lift etc... more easy to do - but he asked to see what the other members on here thought 1st as he's had a look but couldn't see anything obvious,

Many thanks NFBR will get him to have a look and see - I'm sure he's checked all the bolts but best check! :)

UPDATE :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Car is kaput! set off from traffic lights.... went to change into 2nd gear... clunk then nothing..... It will go into gear but when you release the clutch it doesn't bite...

lets hope its something simple or even a clutch gone , they are probably the cheapest options for replacements rather than a new box or box rebuild

My fella has been to pick the car up this morning from town, and found when you engage it into gear and release the clutch there is a humming noise like nothing is connected.

Also found the gear linkage (you can see when you open the bonnet) seems loose?! like the nut on top has worked loose

Well...... Found out the drive shaft had pooped its self! so managed to get one of my dads mates (who owns a garage) to fix its cheap :).........BUT...... there is still this grinding noise happening when going round right hand bends????

Also when traveling at slow speeds it sounds like something is loose? this was happening before the driveshaft fell apart too.....

another update!?!?!?!?! exactly same thing happened again! looks like the CV joint has gone again!?! urrrggghhhh!!!!!!!! car is really doing my head in. I could under stand if the car was really low, but its sitting slightly lower than standard?!

Have ordered another cv joint for the garage to check up on whats making this grinding noise

May have found the fault!

IMG_0149.jpg

the holes for the camber adjustment are out - which is putting strain on the cv joint

I have the part number which is stamped on the strut - could someone with the same set please post there's so I can see if there right

They are FK highsports

I have been on to them :) and are being very helpful, It looks like they might have been boxed up wrong? would like to see if anyone else who has the same ones could see there part number on the strut just to double check

according to FK the part number on the strut hub is the correct part for the kit. I have not heard of any similar issues with the kits on other cars so it is likely that the fault is elsewhere on the car - It will be worth checking whether GTi lower arms were put on when they were replaced as the non gti arms may not bring the suspension geometry out enough. After speaking to you and you mentioning the garage got them from from "Euro" something - we have spoken to EuroCarParts and they don't do one for the GTi..

Edited by Kam Racing