insurance, 18 with a spport!!

Whippy

Can anyone give me a glimmer of hope that its not imposssible to insure a sport with like 6-7 months of driving???

i have had a few quotes at like 1700 standard car and then 3-4k+ jent when i add on coilover!!!

is there anyone in my situation that has a modded lupo at 18 and isnt paying throught thr roooof, or is it pay it or leave it at this age?

cheers everyone :D

i got my own with morethan, was by far the cheapest, i pay like 1100 for my sport. admiral multicar is even cheaper if you have more than one car, brought mine down to 800 fully comp for next renewal!

Can anyone give me a glimmer of hope that its not imposssible to insure a sport with like 6-7 months of driving???

i have had a few quotes at like 1700 standard car and then 3-4k+ jent when i add on coilover!!!

is there anyone in my situation that has a modded lupo at 18 and isnt paying throught thr roooof, or is it pay it or leave it at this age?

cheers everyone :D

just dont tell the insurance that you have made changes?

just dont tell the insurance that you have made changes?

I think you find that'll void any insurance you do have, so you may as well not pay it in the first place.

:)

I think you find that'll void any insurance you do have, so you may as well not pay it in the first place.

:)

I had a chat with a bobby all of 7 hours ago and he told me if you dont declare your mods you are only covered for third party so if you crash they only pay out for the other side. It's not illegal but it's "apparently" not un-heard of for insurance companys to prosecute if you dont state what you have done. :wacko:

I had a chat with a bobby all of 7 hours ago and he told me if you dont declare your mods you are only covered for third party so if you crash they only pay out for the other side. It's not illegal but it's "apparently" not un-heard of for insurance companys to prosecute if you dont state what you have done. :wacko:

Sorry but what?

damn i think i just need to search around a little more, oh and im there with you i live in the middle of knowhere

and i have to insure it all, my mums a lawyer and trust me when i break laws with her as a mum damnnnnn aha cheers everyone!! :D

mines 1300, age 17 male 1.4s modded, e.g coilovers alloys tints exhaust system

hey what company is that i get around that with tesco but thats as a named driver on my mums policy and you cant change a bolt without them adding a £10 extra to the bill i got my test coming up soon and jus had my 18th so im searching around for an lupo/arosa but i want to get my own policy as i dont want to mess up my mums ncp

hey what company is that i get around that with tesco but thats as a named driver on my mums policy and you cant change a bolt without them adding a £10 extra to the bill i got my test coming up soon and jus had my 18th so im searching around for an lupo/arosa but i want to get my own policy as i dont want to mess up my mums ncp

you can protect the no claims just costs abit more homie :rolleyes:

You can only protect no claims when you have 4 years or more, so as he's 18 I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that he hasn't got 4+ years ncb...

Oh yeah and to the people saying not to declare mods... Don't ever drive anywhere near me, ever.....

Edited by GtiJames