TA technics

memousey

Hi, im getting a lupo next month and im wanting to put it straight on to coils

It will be a 1.4l but i will be using it on the motorway a lot, would TA techs be the way to go or should i opt for a better brand since ill be running halifax to leeds on the motorway 2/3 times a week

Also, for the same reason, whats the most you would recommend lowering it?

Thanks, Max

Edited by max West-York

Hi, im getting a lupo next month and im wanting to put it straight on to coils

It will only be a 1.0l but i will be using it on the motorway a lot, would TA techs be the way to go or should i opt for a better brand since ill be running atleast 70mph 2/3 times a week

Also, for the same reason, whats the most you would recommend lowering it?

Thanks, Max

The product you buy will depend on your budget really :confused:

Buying TA over something more expensive shouldn't effect high speed motorway stability.

You may want to reconsider your 'atleast 70mph' speeds, although it can do more

the 1.0l seems to be happier at 60mph tbh! ;)

-80mm seems sensible to me just depends on your roads and what wheels/offset you run..

Edited by Paul_c

will these coilovers actually reduce body roll? i only plan to lower by 35mm tops on my lupo, cos i mainly want to stop it rolling so much at the front.

Yo Plymouth dude!

I have these and on my run of the mill 1.4E, it reduced body roll. I couldnt comment on a Sport. Plus, you have a nice car as standard, being a Sport, whether or not you want cheaper lows, or more security paying that bit more.

And if you only want 35mm, and no chance of ever going lower, best off getting 40mm lowering springs.

The product you buy will depend on your budget really :confused:

Buying TA over something more expensive shouldn't effect high speed motorway stability.

You may want to reconsider your 'atleast 70mph' speeds, although it can do more

the 1.0l seems to be happier at 60mph tbh! ;)

-80mm seems sensible to me just depends on your roads and what wheels/offset you run..

haha

well budget isnt loads bout 300-400 inc fitting unless i can do it myself?

ive heard mixed reviews on TAs but a lot more positive feedback on APs

hah yeh might have to sit in the outside lane for a change ;)

80mm should be enough for me but im gna be running

14x8 et25/30 (depending on which is better as ive got loads of spacers)with 195/45/14 (about 30mm stretch from tread to lip) on the backs

and

14x7 et30/35 again depending, also with 195/45/14 hardly any stretch on the front

that should be okay for not rubbing right?

or will i need some arch work doing? hopefully only need rolling as i dont have the money to mess about with flaring atm ;D

Edited by max West-York

I fitted them with a bit of help form my dad. Hardest thing to deal with was getting the topmounts the orig struts but, Ive heard that you can get them pretty cheap off VW.

From what Ive read and my exprience running APs, they are much better than the TAs in terms of road comfort and ride.

wow haha, how much has all that set you back? :P

i dont care about performance, its gonna be my daily so as long as shes riding comfortably low im happy :D

im getting TA or AP coils i think, cant really afford much better atm and i havnt heard much about the v-maxx setup

ive heard dampers with the AP are good but TA dampers arent great though, thats the only thing putting me off atm

my TA's are quite good tbh noffin bad bout them imo, indeed they are cheap and i have heard bad reviews, just somthing to run until i can afford better quality ones.

TA's = Cheap affordable slammage!

If you can stretch to a little over £400 then you can get AP coilovers.

Not heard a bad thing about them. They've done me good for a year now.

I went to Halfrauds today (I have ****ty gift vouchers - my apologies if this offends any employee reading this!) and enquired about coilovers. They have an instore magazine that does performance parts; I got a quote for the AP ones and they were over £400, I can't remember the fully price because I was just a bit shocked to hear the figure.

I'm on the lookout for coilovers now, although I should probably save my money. I'm just a bit impatient. If I did manage to get some at bargain price, I'd probably buy them and then keep them stored till Summer '11, by then I may have other things sorted for the car.

It's a tough call buying coilovers IMO if you've never had experience of coilover brands before and/or money is an issue.

Smye

Edited by smye87

I went to Halfrauds today (I have ****ty gift vouchers - my apologies if this offends any employee reading this!) and enquired about coilovers. They have an instore magazine that does performance parts; I got a quote for the AP ones and they were over £400, I can't remember the fully price because I was just a bit shocked to hear the figure.

I'm on the lookout for coilovers now, although I should probably save my money. I'm just a bit impatient. If I did manage to get some at bargain price, I'd probably buy them and then keep them stored till Summer '11, by then I may have other things sorted for the car.

It's a tough call buying coilovers IMO if you've never had experience of coilover brands before and/or money is an issue.

Smye

well it turns out ill have enough to get APs when i get my loop so it should be sitting on them within the first week