Investing in Meguiars

Yoo! Im investing in some Meguiars cleaning products soon such as Quick detailer, Wash mit, Gold class shampoo, Wax...

Ive been told this product is very good for detailing! What other Meguiars do you reccomend? And has anyone made a guide on how to get the perfect wash and detail? I seen how to clean your wheels properly but dont think I saw a cleaning guide for the body.

Cheers

Meguiars are good products, personally I like to mix and match different brands to find a products that suits me best.

Such as Bilthamber, meguiars, Poorboys, duragloss, chemical guys ++ to name a few.

In addition to what you already listed I would recommend a clay bar kit to decontaminate your car before polishing.

This is a very good guide on how to get your car nice and clean.

Unfortunately it is written in norwegian, but I google translated it for you.

Car maintenance for dummies

You also might want to look on this guide My washing guide

Let me know if you have any other questions

I use to always use Meguiars and still use a Meguiars wash mit and water magnet drying towel

I now use Dodo Juice products as I find them giving a better shine to the car

TBH as for a guide there are lots of techniques for example the 2 bbucket method one bucket with clean water the other with shampoo and washing the mit in the water between cleaning the car with it. its a case of looking into what suits you best look on detailing world

personally i snow foam the car let it drip off, wash the car using dodo juice shampoo using the two bucket method and a Meguiars mitt, then dry with a water magnet drying towel and apply some red mist detailer using a microfibre towel.... but like i say down to preference

Cheers for the comments lads! Ive always loved cleaning my old car but never had any money to actualy buy some good cleaning products. Ive heard of the 2B method which is good because its removes the dirt before you rub it back on. Ill take a look at the guides youve posted up anyways, cheers!

I use SRP and "Macs Step 3". Really nice results... however i'm still inclined to try out AutoGlyms black bottle to see what that produces.

I would start at the begining, make sure you have two buckets, this is the best way of preventing swirls on the paint. You can get a overpriced little device called a grit gaurd, these sit in the bottom of each bucket and catch all the dirt that comes off your wash mit... But they do work well. As for washmit, I have tried a few, and still use a green hedgehog type thing from Halfords made by Turtlewax, thats seems to be the kindist on the paint. As for shampoo, you are just buying the name really IMO, I use AG Bodywork Shampoo, seems to be as good as any tbh.

After that, you can get a clay kit from Halfords, thats where I got my frst one from and it works fine... Just follow the instructions. Claying might sound like a waste of time(It did to me), but it makes polishing so much easier. You wont believe the crap that comes off the paint.

Polish, if your just buying one, AG SRP is pretty good, contains mild abrasives and loads of fillers to cover up swirl marks.

As for wax, not too sure, I know Megs do some well priced soft waxes, but never tried them.

id say dont bother with the megs drying towel, have a look on the detailing forums for ideas about stuff as well

Yeah it's not a great drying towel. there's better ones out there for the same price.

Cheers for more tips people! Im definately using claybar as the car is covered in overspray and make polishin the car a bugga! lol Im goin to try the 2B method as loads of people use it, cheers once again