My anthracite Lupo GTI

R99

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A P S Body Paints

0191 4888378 - 8 Sunniside Road, Sunniside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE16 5LZ

4.5 miles from Newcastle Upon Tyne

Went for a qoute yesterday for mine, spoke to dave seemed like a nice chap. He did warn me though that he's fully booked until about June.

Little update. :)

VW Dealer is sending me a £100 cheque for the coolant mistake, which I consider to be a cracking result!

Had the day off work today so I fitted the PiperCross panel filter. Cant say I can feel much of a difference, but sure the engine is breathing better now, so happy with it.

Then it was time to get the mats in. Quite pricey from VW, but I wanted to do it properly with some OEM ones. They match the red seat trim, and my feet no longer slip about.

th_IMG_1499.jpg

Next up was the red grille piping. Bit of a 'mare getting it all to sit flush, and still not happy with the bit under the VW badge, but cant get it to sit any different. TBF I only notice it because I know its there, and from a meter or so away it looks perfect. Not bad for a £3.50 E-Bay mod. :cool:

th_IMG_1496.jpg th_IMG_1498.jpg

Finally continuing the OEM + look I popped on the Audi R8 oil filler cap. Looks much better than the standard plastic one!

th_IMG_1500.jpg th_IMG_1502.jpg th_IMG_1506.jpg

Next up will be replacement centre caps for the alloys & then the coilovers in a few months when insurance allows them to go on!

Little update. :)

VW Dealer is sending me a £100 cheque for the coolant mistake, which I consider to be a cracking result!

Had the day off work today so I fitted the PiperCross panel filter. Cant say I can feel much of a difference, but sure the engine is breathing better now, so happy with it.

Then it was time to get the mats in. Quite pricey from VW, but I wanted to do it properly with some OEM ones. They match the red seat trim, and my feet no longer slip about.

th_IMG_1499.jpg

Next up was the red grille piping. Bit of a 'mare getting it all to sit flush, and still not happy with the bit under the VW badge, but cant get it to sit any different. TBF I only notice it because I know its there, and from a meter or so away it looks perfect. Not bad for a £3.50 E-Bay mod. :cool:

th_IMG_1496.jpg th_IMG_1498.jpg

Finally continuing the OEM + look I popped on the Audi R8 oil filler cap. Looks much better than the standard plastic one!

th_IMG_1500.jpg th_IMG_1502.jpg th_IMG_1506.jpg

Next up will be replacement centre caps for the alloys & then the coilovers in a few months when insurance allows them to go on!

Looks good, R8 cap is great easy mod, grill piping is a must IMO.

Boring question, did you have to put new fixings into the carpet, or did it already have the twist fixings?

Boring question, did you have to put new fixings into the carpet, or did it already have the twist fixings?

The mats come with new female sockets. Still have my new mats in the house, cba to put them into the car until the weather improves

The mats come with new female sockets. Still have my new mats in the house, cba to put them into the car until the weather improves

Yeah, sorry, I ment main carpet, early Lupo's upto 2003/04 came with pop on fixings(Which pop off when you dont want) and the later ones were turn fixings. I think you can only get the later ones now, well thats what I got given, so had to change the fixings in the floor carpet, but the holes were too big, so it's not ideal.

Mine had the turn fixings already mounted to the floor for the fronts. The new mats were a perfect fit, but did come supplied with new fixings if I was to need them.

Rears are just sat in with no fixing at all.

Looks really smart. Mine needs new mats too, guess I better get my wallet out then!

Yeah, sorry, I ment main carpet, early Lupo's upto 2003/04 came with pop on fixings(Which pop off when you dont want) and the later ones were turn fixings. I think you can only get the later ones now, well thats what I got given, so had to change the fixings in the floor carpet, but the holes were too big, so it's not ideal.

Could you not have just changed the fixings in the mats to the ones from your old set?

Looks really smart. Mine needs new mats too, guess I better get my wallet out then!

Could you not have just changed the fixings in the mats to the ones from your old set?

Probably. :lol: The carpets compressed around the fixings thread now, so it's fine really. ...just too fussy.

Thanks! :shades:

It will hopefully look much better soon.

Bought some new wheels for it, which I pick up on Tuesday.....

comp.jpg

Essentially a TH MONO, but they the rally version and as such are branded with "COMPOMOTIVE" & "RALLYE" on them, instead of having a plain face.

7J x 15

100 PCD

ET40 Offset

62mm centre hole

They need a refurb as they have gravel rash from their previous life as rally car wheels. I just need to decide on what colour to go with now, suggestions please guys! :P

Highlighted text, or just single colour re-furb?

Edited by R99

Yeh, these wheels seem to be quite rare, I've tried googling them for some pictures / info with no joy!

Looking forward to getting them all spruced up and then on the car. Where is the best place to go for spigot rings?

i think satin black with body coloured or white lettering would look awesome for these wheels

Well, rang one wheel refurber today and they said if the cast text has scratches on then they would not be able to revive the text, and would have to fill the text in and smooth the face off completely. :(

Beginning to think these might be a bad idea?

OK, after the Comps turned out to be a problematic case for most re-furbishers I decided to pass up on them.

So instead I have just bought a set of Renault Turbines in 15x6.5. I'm going to get them done in a satin black I think.

Unknown offset, but I will probably need spacers to improve the stance once the coils have worked their magic.