The Next South Wales Meet

Ok guys, I'm thinking about the beginning of April, the weather should be a little better and the evenings a little lighter.

I'm wondering whether or not a roadtrip is in order, possibly a run up the Brecon Beacons or something?

Suggestions/comments welcome please on the date and the plan of action :)

Ok guys, I'm thinking about the beginning of April, the weather should be a little better and the evenings a little lighter.

I'm wondering whether or not a roadtrip is in order, possibly a run up the Brecon Beacons or something?

Suggestions/comments welcome please on the date and the plan of action :)

Yes, yes and more yes! If all goes to plan.....or I make a new plan, i'll have coilovers and the rear arb fitted by then!

Will need to test them out :)

I was reading Northwick's Wales+Lupo = fun thread and got thinking. I was thinking we could meet at J43 of the M4 or the A470 if preferred near cardiff and merthyr, head up to brecon, maybe across to builth wells and aberystwyth, then back past Ammanford or Carmarthen. It would be about 170+ miles or something....

Something like this ==>> Map

Count me out, I'm busy every weekend im April, wont get me up the Beacons til the middle of summer anyway when the weathers lot better, roads have been patched (they're hardly coilover friendly at the best of times) and its less mucky :D

Saturdays are better up there anyway, Sunday is packed with bikers ;)

Ok, that date was just a suggestion anyways, can review the dates again. I was hoping to get something happening in April anyways, guess we could leave the drive till June or August, we could do Swansea in April, Newport in June and Brecon in August?

Is that a bit much though? Nearly every month. People have alot going on over summer etc I know for one Ive got alot of shows on etc plus holiday. Thought it would be better if they were every few months and less frequent - ususally get a better turnout then, otherwise people tend to think "they'll go next time" and not bother. Thats probably the only reason the last one worked so well, otherwise it loses its appeal if theyre all the time.

Edited by elliecjno1

yeah sundays are full of bikers and every weekend will be the same because im always up there through the summer on the motorbike and that is all that is up there. would say a waste of time going up there but you will have to be looking over your shoulder every second. Im still happy for a good night on the old beer in swansea :)

yeah sundays are full of bikers and every weekend will be the same because im always up there through the summer on the motorbike and that is all that is up there. would say a waste of time going up there but you will have to be looking over your shoulder every second. Im still happy for a good night on the old beer in swansea :)

Yeah I thought that was the plan, wait til summer, go to beach then out to swansea in the night for a drink? Roads are hell on Sundays up there, takes the fun out of it, bikes everywhere and you lose people.

Edited by elliecjno1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm happy to arrange it, can anyone shout some dates they're available? How about 1st weekend in May?

Even on a sunny cold day like today it'd be nice :)

Any suggestions on what we could do - something slightly energetic like bowling or just go for a drive or go for food again?

cant 1st weekend of may. i thought we was going for a energetic night outin swansea and a day at the beach? cant be bothered with bowling its all about beer and the beach :D

Thats what I thought was agreed too - wait until the weather picks up, beach, then into Swansea for a night out? :confused:

Edited by elliecjno1

It was mentioned about a day at the beach and a night out but it's going to be ages till the weather picks up enough. It's nice when it's sunny but it gets bloody freezing on the beach so I wouldn't wanna spend the day down the beach till June/July at least.

Thought that was too long to wait for another meet but if that's what everyone wants to do then that's fine by me :)

Just thought it maybe best waiting until then but as said see what everyone else thinks. Was thinking of leaving it until say June because like I said the more often these meets happen the less people will probably show for each one with the attitude - theyll be another one soon so I'll go to that instead - and not make the effort. Where as if theyre just say 3 or 4 times a year people will make the effort to show up and it makes it worth organising then? The appeal of it disappears when they become frequent, the less frequent, probably the better :)

Edited by elliecjno1