My Arosa 16v Sport

DANIELP1991

done a couple more things to the arosa since last time round..

made up some tidier piping and fitted the bmc dia back on, sounds good again now, and goes much better. :)

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

tried some corrado g60 steels on it in work one night when i was bored..

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

.. they looked pretty pants lol

also finally got around to fitting my door speakers.

DSC00752.jpg

gave it a good clean last friday, was out until half 8 in the night. cleaning the windows in the dark didnt turn out all that good though..

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

also got back from holiday a couple of weeks back, and my rear caliper was sticking on, so had to free that off in work.

thinking of ordering a lower strut brace now...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

done a few more things to the arosa recently.

its now debadged and de stripped.

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

only thing is one of the strips had been superglued on before, luckily its next to the arch which im having painted next week... took the paint off with steam cleaner in work.. woops. :(

DSC00780.jpg

then i ordered an OMP lower strut brace! fitted it last night, good difference this made!

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

steering is feels much more precise now when you throw it into a corner.

its a bit low though, caught it a few times already, doesnt touch the exhaust though, which is lucky, coz ive heard they do.

next mod on the list is a Awesome GTi/whiteline rear anti roll bar.. which ive just ordered. heard is an awesome bit of kit lol

should be handling excellent soon!

DSC00781.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME!!

got my whiteline rear roll bar last week. :) best thing ive ever bought for any of my cars!

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

fitted it up, took about half hour! thank god for ramps..

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

sorry for crap pics.. theres more coming up..

gave it a quick wash in work and tracked it up.

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

some more of the arb..

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

then it went into the bodyshop the other day, had the o/s rear quarter panel done and arch coz i took the paint off it with the steamer in work, also had the fron n/s corner of the bumper done and a couple of touch ups and a mop over it. looks lovely now.

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not much changed to the arosa recently.

was gona sell it, but gona keep it a bit longer now i think.

had a new clutch fitted in work on tuesday, coz the thrust bearing collapsed.

but unfortunately it fell of the ramp, as the sill folded. luckily the lad working on it wasnt underneath it.

fortunately though there wasnt too much damage, ill get some pics.

theres a dent in the n/s door and a dent at the bottom by the sill which is quite bad.

the floor also got pushed up a bit under the drivers footwell.

and theres a little scrub on the front bumper

the doors had lines along them though where i took the strips off so they needed paint anyway. so its going in to the bodyshop tuesday to have the whole left side sorted and the right hand door sorted. should be mint then.

also the cam seaL has gone, so thats leaking oil quite bad.. so will be getting that done along with the timing belt soon.

and the middle exhaust bracket has snapped, so exhaust is hanging a bit low at the mo, looking to get a system for it soon though, not sure whether to buy a scorpion and fit it myself or go the cheaper option and go 2 prospeed in cardiff and have a custom one made up.. will get a raceland 4 branch for it then, which will remove the primary cat and release more ponies..

on a good note though the gearbox feels much better with the new clutch and fresh oil.

been a busy week with the arosa.

put it through mot on monday.

failed unfortunately on.

lower arm bush

rear brake caliper binding (knew about that)

rear brake pads (knew about that)

and exhaust mounting bracket snapped (knew about that)

also had an advisory on parking brake effieciency. as the other rear caliper isnt doing much.

and a monumental oil leak, which started last week. turned out to be the oil breather pipe had a kink in it so it was blowing oil up through the dipstick tube and was running down the side of the engine. so we`ve sorted the pipe and put an o ring on the dipstick coz it was missing one. so didnt cost anything thank fudge.

timing belt was also done on tuesday.

turned out the timing was retarded a tooth, so now its bang on it goes like poo off a shovel! lol

anyway so ive bought the following parts.

Lower arm, genuine one from vw trade parts. 60 quid!! i could of had 2 for the fiesta for that price!!

both rear calipers ( they cost a fortune as well)

EBC Greenstuff rear pads

so all i gota do now is fit them up and weld the exhaust and the car should be mint once again.

due an oil change then though...

oh and ive also fitted my toyos back on the front so she grips like poo now as well. and removed the scrubbing mudflaps.

hats of to you fella, I work in a garage myself and I know what its like getting time to work on your own car. well I find it hard to get time to fit wipers at work........... and the last thing i wont to do after working on a punters car, is strip mine out!!

but why not just powerflex the bushes while there off?!

its a pain in the arse mate.

one of the lads in work has a friend who got an octavia vrs which he the poly bushes in, and he said the kept pulling out of the arms, and i used to have them in my fiesta, there not much good for bumpy road use, so decided against the idea.

anyway. with some help off the lads we fitted the lower arm, welded the exhaust and fitted the new calipers and green stuff pads in work tonight.

need to bleed the brakes again though as theres a lot of pedal travel, and for some reason the handbrake lever on the o/s caliper isnt going back all the way when the handbrakes off still for some reason.. will find out tommorow.

on a good note though the cars going back in to the bodyshop to be re-done on wednesday. :)

i there a bleed nipple on the master cyclinder on the sports?

The correct way to do rear brake pads is to back the hand brake travel off, push the brake callipers back, then adjust the hand brake back up. but you knew that :P

you just getting the sill sorted?

All sorted now.

drives sweet now.

got a fresh mot on it.

gave it a bit of a valet yesterday.

hoovered inside, then sprayed lots of cockpit shine everywhere. polished the insides of the doors and door shuts. :insanity:

DSC00027-1.jpg

cleaned under the bonnet, polished all the metal bits, blacked all the plastic bits. minging exhaust mani heatshield will be replaced by a shiny 4branch soon hopefully.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

then washed the outside, only to find little bits of tar everwhere. gona have to get the intensive tar remover out i think. also theres a crack in the paint on the n/s arch, so thats gona have to be done wednesday.

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00025-1.jpg

DSC00024-1.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

wheels need a refurb too.

got the car and insurance in my own name with admiral now. £1217.08 a year. 0 no claims fully comp. its a bitch lol

got dad mam and missus insured on it though. ive had her driving me around in it the last few days lol.

private plates going on this week as well. 8-)

just treated it to a tappet treatment to try and free up the sticky lifters.

also

just had a quote from prospeed exhausts.

£369 for 4-2-1 manifold

£135 for mid section (i was planning on buying a scorpion backbox then have them make the mid section up as i thought it would be cheaper than buying a full system)

so i think ill stick to the original plan and get

Raceland 4-2-1 S/S manifold for £171

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/vo ... 2-16v.html

Scorpion cat back £297 from eurocar parts.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/vo ... ystem.html

will have it mapped then.