IRAQ WAR

CopeyCupra

Little bit off topic. Iraq war, many people including myself believe a big part of the war is oil. i was told a little while ago by friends in the energy buisness that the faulklands war could of also been over this but nobody really knew about it. Well guess what everybody.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8518982.stm

Edited by Putney

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i thought so... guess why argentina are getting ****ty again ... they want it back!!!! there is a **** load of oil there!

Edited by Putney

to be fair its a bit wrong... it would be like them owning the isle of man or the isle of wight! imagine england being cool with that especially if the isle of man had loads of oil on it.

to be fair its a bit wrong... it would be like them owning the isle of man or the isle of wight! imagine england being cool with that especially if the isle of man had loads of oil on it.

Not quite, Falklands is about 500 miles from the Argentinian mainland where as Isle of White is about 2 miles max.

Also it's about the local population being British.

It was known, or heavily suspected, there was oil in the area in '82.

Normally, I can see the point of an invasion. However, I cannot see the point of the Afghan situation and the whole selling point of the Iraq job was a load of plop. If Bush had said "we're off to finish what my Dad started" then I would have been relatively more comfortable with it.

However, both the Afghan and Iraq actions have destabilised local administrations and replaced them with something that requires constant involvment from the West. Sometimes, it might be better to take the attitude "it's better the devil you know".

The West doesn't like the Chinese regime as much as it didn't like Saddam, yet I don't hear Western heads of state talking about UN resolutions or going in to kick their ass. I wonder why.

I know why were not going to war with china and co........

A-NORTH-KOREAN-ROCKET-MAN.jpg