Hunid-Brakes Ride

hunid-brake

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i got my baby back from the recommended VAG repairers and im not happy at all, lots of little niggles and poor workmanship, its going back this week to be completely reworked :( . I couldnt help myself tho as ive been without my Hobbes for so long i had to give it a clean, and i mean a full on clean lol. I hate doing the inside so i did that a few days ago then today really went nuts on the outside. I used some Mer shampoo to wash the car over thoroughly, then used Auto Glym intensive tar remover to remove EVERY last spec of tar off the car. Next was to use an Auto Glym surface detailing kit, comprising of rapid detailer spray which is used to lube up the clay and surface then surface detailer clay was rubbed over every inch of the car, i mean there is not a fleck or spec of anything on it now. Then i used Auto Glym super resin polish and buffed it to an orgasmic shine lol. Earlier in the week i did the interior, (rather quickly if im honest as i hate doing it) i vacuumed it all out washed and shampooed all the seats and door cards, used Auto Glym leather care cream for the wheel, gaitor (even tho its not real leather) and gear stick, and then freshened it up with Auto Glym autofresh interior odour neutraliser and fragrance. Im really happy with how well its turned out although the interior is dusty again within a few days lol. Now i give the car back to the repairers in an immaculate condition so they can see how i like to keep my car, now they should understand nothing less than perfect will do :P

Let us know what you think of the car then, but please dont point out the obvious floors made by the muppets at the body shop.

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0879.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0906.jpg

I know im a chav lol ^^^^^^

DSC_0915.jpg

DSC_0920.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

yeah i know, cheesed off. Well if i take it back looking like this at least they can see the standard to which i keep the car, and the crap that they left and did is not acceptable. I did explain to them initially i intend to take it to shows and it needs to be perfect. But did they listen?

cheers buddy, any ideas on how to drop the back down another 10mm? its set as low as they will go on the coilovers.

oh yeah and it would look and be so much nicer if it had that leather interior u were selling :( really gutted i missed out on them as it would have made the car. Oh and i did end up getting 280 for my Bathurst so there :D

cheers buddy, any ideas on how to drop the back down another 10mm? its set as low as they will go on the coilovers.

Adjusters out and everything?

oh yeah and it would look and be so much nicer if it had that leather interior u were selling :( really gutted i missed out on them as it would have made the car. Oh and i did end up getting 280 for my Bathurst so there :D

I know, i want them back now, haha.

No doubt mate, seems that Bathursts are selling well atm.

Whens the car going back in?

well i said i wanted to do some cruising this weekend as it was run to the sun in newquay and volksfest in plymouth so i wanted to buzz about and see other dubs. They said to give em a ring after this weekend to get it booked back in so i'll give them a tinkle tomorrow. I dont want to give it back tho as i miss it so much when its gone. They gave me a 58 plate 1.2 Panda as a courtesy car which was truly soul destroying. Needs to be fixed tho so i'll have to go without for another couple weeks i guess. I didnt really think about taking off the adjusters :/ how much more will that drop it tho cus i dont want it toooooo much lower, just another 10mm would be sweet.

• 3 months later...

Finally got my hubcentric wheel spacers for the back put on. They are only 15mm but makes a nice subtle change to the cars stance, lowered the back a further 10mm, and gave it a quick wash down as weather was too temperamental to polish properly. Sorry the pics are gash, taken on iphone in poor light. Looks pretty good tho i think, not sure what else to do to it now. Maybe a 200 cell sports cat, anyone know of any good legal sports cats? (reasonably priced ;) )

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

ideal, thanks dude, i was gunna say the same about yours, its def the nicest arosa ive seen, loving the darth vader all black look, bad ass!!

cheers mate, just want the sun to come out, i usually polish it 2-3 times a week, only been able to once this week, Auto Glym resin polish then high definition wax x3 coats for a nice deep shine :D

Looking nice and clean!

And theres been a lot of people going around intentionally looking for people to slam on in front of in order to claim thousands of pounds in injuries, someone tired claiming off me when I ran into the back of a Mercedes ML but she said she didn't feel a thing from inside the car so I told my insurance company this and used it against them!

yeah i work weekends so i have every mon tues weds thurs off and it usually gets polished 3 times a week. I broke up with my gf too so i mostly clean the car to attract new potential too :) and i must say its workin well :D. You wanna get the high definition was too, its very good, i own every single part of the autoglym range, even the bird poo wipes for the glovebox (or passenger door if u own most lupos lol

sorry my bad, i polish once with high resin polish then put 3 coats of high def wax on top to get it shiny, thats after ive removed all tar spots etc etc.

So do you do the polish then 3 coats of wax three times a week? Or polish and wax one day, then wax another day, then wax another day?

Either way, that's mega overkill. When you polish it you're stripping off the old wax (I think), as Jamie said, polish is an abrasive. Just top up your wax now and again and you'll be reet.

Edited by Philplop

well.................. i go through the entire range prepping it up cleaning it, then i apply one polish (the high resin polish is very fine and isnt really rubbed in like a cutting polish so no paint is really being touched unless u were to really rub it in) i apply a fine layer of the polish to the whole car, let it dry then buff it off, then apply 3x coats of high def wax in one afternoon. Buffing to remove it between each coat obviously. Then the next day if i have driven it io will wash it all down again using the autoglym body wash, then apply another coat of high def wax, and then the following day or day after weather permitting ill wash it again and add more wax. Thats if im not valleting the interior and keeping that spanking, or completely polishing my wheels, rubber protecting all rubber components or cleaning and shinning under the bonnet. Yes i am obsessive, but my Gti is the most expensive purchase i have ever made and i WILL look after it. I work in the paintshop at Princess Yachts so i know im not harming the paintwork, the resin polish barely cuts AT ALL, plus i dont apply pressure or rub it in at all. Hard work tho bearing in mind i do all this waxing by hand and elbow grease!! Every where i go people comment on my car and how shinny it is :D

oh bless look i found pics of my car when i first got it, compare it to pics of when i modded it, i had a photoshoot up on the moors a couple months ago, this was before i lowered the back some more, put the spacers on the back. Let us know if you think ive improved it aesthetically.

000_0079-1.jpg

000_0086-1.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0924.jpg