6n2 Polo gti engine in a sport

BaileyVW

right, basically im no mechanic, nor am i brilliant with cars however im trying to learn between my uni hours lol :)

My Lupo sport gearbox and clutch buggered on monday, i had an engine from my 6n2 polo gti which im breaking sitting around so got to work fitting it today.... the engine fits perfect and is currently running, however ( and this may sound very stupid ) but i need to know, would there be a difference in performance if i was to use the standard lupo Sport ECU over the polo Gti ECU???

please dont abuse me for my lack of knowledge haha :D and ill have my lupo sport engine up for sale if anybody is interested in it :D 2001 with about 57k on the clock runs spot on :)

it will run but like a bag of bones the fueling wont be right and the sport ecu dosnt support the vvt

bugger yeah i forgot sports dont have the VVT... thats what i thought the fueling wont be right lol... will it damage the engine in any way running it like this??? i might get on to swapping the ecu's tomorrow lol...

yeah i can sort the gti ecu out, theres a guy pretty local to me who can remove the chip so it works with my key :) so i assume this is the next step? get this ecu sorted and into my car??

sorry if i sound very dumb lol :) as i said im hardly a mechanic...

as olly says above the polo runs flyby wire not drive by wire so you will need the pedal from the polo and loom i assume you have the throttle body still on the engine

as olly says above the polo runs flyby wire not drive by wire so you will need the pedal from the polo and loom i assume you have the throttle body still on the engine

you may not tho as my sport was FBW?

couldnt you swap your head over then map your ECU??

the stuff inside the engine bay and pedals and what not transferred straight over they where exactly the same.... can anyone tell me whether the standard ECU from a sport is a magnetimarelli ecu???

ive just popped it out and its made in italy... magneti marelli which im slightly puzzled at is this the same ecu from a sport???

From what i have read on here, some of the sport ECUs can be remapped, Im sure Al will be along shortly to correct/confirm.

Also im under the impression that if you changed your clocks and the ecu (maybe the loom if its not the same) and took the transponder from the polo you would be on to a winner.

Again dont count me on it, this is just what i have picked up along the way :rolleyes:.

Theres two screws under the dial cover. Remove these and you can slide the top off, then theres another 3 or 4 screws to take the underside of the cover off, and then you'll be able to see the screws holding the clocks in.

Hope thats right, its been a while since I did it. Have a look at the dash removal in the How- To section, think its in there.

23453_356018853237_516998237_501248.jpg

this is what the car is looking like now :) nasty stuff.... full polo loom is in the lupo now but there are soo many more connections... not sure which ones can be rid of and which need to be kept...

where wondering whether to now put the interior loom through the lupo and change the end connections where needs be =/ lol dreading putting the dashboard back on :( LOL...

need abit of help... the polo gti had central locking however it was done using a vacuum pump ( which i sold ages ago ).... my lupo has an electric central locking system...

the interior loom of the polo is going into the lupo, is there a way to connect my electric central locking system up without using the vacuum??

Cheers

Bailey

interior polo loom is now in but bits from the lupo loom need spliced and attatched... will get working on the car again tomorrow hopefully the weather will hold back a few more days...

i've now got two alarms connected up lmao, its really quite loud :D

interior loom and engine loom are both now in... the clocks, ecu, transponder, and immobiliser box have also been switched, and the chip from the keys have been swapped to my lupo keys.. still cant get the engine to start... sounds as if its about to then cuts out... any ideas???

i assume its still something to do with the immobiliser... hmmm