Re-map

Whiny 77

Hey, I'm pretty much new to this website and have only just joined. I'm looking for a decent place to get a rolling road re-map on my Arosa sport.

I live in Birmingham and can't seem to find anyone that specializes in VAG cars, I'm not sure wheather l'd need to go for a custom-code remap or would they have to replace the chip in the standard ECU, my engine code is AUB.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my sport, so far l've got...

Schrick 256 cams

LUK heavy duty clutch

4-branch Manifold

Full exhaust system, De-cat

Mangnecor 8mm

Lightened flywheel

Gas flowed head

I'm hoping with a full re-map and all the changes l should be getting close to 140bhp mark.

Also I'm not to sure wheather to strip out the interior aswel, from what l've learn't off here so far is that when you fit bucket seats and harness's it's not practical for everyday use. So l'm looking at the Sparco R100 reclining sports seats instead because l can still use the standard seat belts.

I would appreciate anybodies views or experiances with any of the changes I'm doing or anybodies advice..

Custom Code is a brand of remaps... Like "Nike" or "Puma". Just because they are called "Custom" Code doesn't mean their remaps are custom. Infact quite the opposite!

Besides, You're going to be incredibly lucky if you get near 140bhp from a Sport...

Lupo GTI 1.6 16v - Custom Manifold, High flow sports cat, BMC Intake, Custom Remap - 143bhp...

How much are the cams costing you? Where did you get them from?

I paid ÂŁ180 for them, from Ebay. I think l got lucky because I know there well over ÂŁ400.

Custom Code is a brand of remaps... Like "Nike" or "Puma". Just because they are called "Custom" Code doesn't mean their remaps are custom. Infact quite the opposite!

Besides, You're going to be incredibly lucky if you get near 140bhp from a Sport...

Lupo GTI 1.6 16v - Custom Manifold, High flow sports cat, BMC Intake, Custom Remap - 143bhp...

I don't know, I reckon l should get close,

the cams should give me 15bhp+,

Re-map 5-10bhp,

Custom manifold with custom full exhaust system 10bhp,

BMC with a really good old air feed 5bhp+

Glassflowed clyinder head 5bhp+

Lightened flywheel 2bhp+

Magnecor leads 1bhp

I reckon 35-40bhp out of these should achievable.

From what I've read on here, it seems that a place called Awesome Gti is quite favored. From what l've been looking at l'm guessing ÂŁ350+vat for a proper full set up on a rolling road.

Whys that? curious that's all....

He has masters degrees n all sorts to do with it (i dont know exactly what in)

he is the only person so far in the world to map a supercharged Clio sport, regardless of GDI tuning, Ktec telling him it is impossible and hes also getting better power than those 2 on the supercharged clios getting 259bhp from my brothers on standard internals running perfect and the competition are running standalone managment upping the conversion buy almost ÂŁ1500, ask about him on fabia vrs forums, megan sport forums, subaru forums, evo forums and they will all tell u he is extremley good at what he does,

he also told me hes got almost 100bhp out of a couple of 1.4s lupos when i asked him about mine, and personally a dont think ad take a car anywere else for remapping

I don't know, I reckon l should get close,

the cams should give me 15bhp+,

Re-map 5-10bhp,

Custom manifold with custom full exhaust system 10bhp,

BMC with a really good old air feed 5bhp+

Glassflowed clyinder head 5bhp+

Lightened flywheel 2bhp+

Magnecor leads 1bhp

I reckon 35-40bhp out of these should achievable.

Put it this way - an ibiza cupra 20v (used this example because im familiar with the usual mods), with a remap, cat back exhaust, induction kit and air feed, front mount intercooler and dump valve, makes about 195bhp. Thats 40bhp over standard for the car. Not trying so be a dick but you'd be lucky to see gains of 40bhp+ from a sport. Really hope you do though, would be a little rocket!

im hopeing to have around 110 out of my 1.4s IF paul from rs tuning can get the 100bhp from the remap he claims which i do believe him on that one

BMC

Polo AFH inlet Manifold (same as sport)

Polo AFH Throttle Body (cable version of sport tb)

4-2-1

sports cat

and a remap from paul should hopefully see me to around 110,

yeah i went for the janspeed cat back as the bore is smaller than the bastuck, really very happy with it although it seems to sit slightly to one side by 5mm. Will have to get that looked at.

I thought they were like the best u can get for lupo?? Lol obv not but if u r going to go custom, don't go to powerflow or anything like that, personally ad say they are for show exhausts, not performace exhausts, there is a good guy in leeds that does all sorts of race cars apparently, place called tony banks exhausts, once i check he ain't jus gonna whack owt on and will look at back pressures n tht al be getting mine done there

I hope to see 130bhp or more if im lucky from my sport. Im on 115bph now and that was standard, been on different rollers to make sure it wasn't the rollers that were out either :)

Overfuels though and fouls plugs every so often and burns oily nicely lol. I think i just got a lucky engine.

Fouls plugs and burns oil! Thats well worth the extra 15 bhp innit.

Yeah, I will do. Hopefully next saturday l'll be pulling the car apart to fit a new clutch, cams and other modds l'll be doing to it.

So l'll take some photo's then.

I went for a 4-1 over a 4-2-1 because from what l've been told and advised (from people in the know)is that for an every day car and not a race car, that a 4-1 is better because it helps with the lower end revs as a 4-2-1 is more for top end.

You can order them from POTN for ÂŁ172 and europerformance aswell. The good thing is, that there a proper fit, no having to heat up and bend like you do with the raceland ones.

I think l'm going to heat wrap mine aswell.

This one has, but if thats the case l'd email which ever company you buy one from to just double check that it's there. I can't think it would be to hard to drill a hole yourself and tapp it.

Someone will proberly correct me on that now.

Yeah you can drill out and weld on a lambda boss easy enough. But good to hear yours came with a lambda boss. Like I say it was purely rumor.

I might buy one when I get round to buying another lupo.

Getting back to my original post on here, as far as Rolling Road tuning, has anyone on here been or tried STEALTH RACING. They seem to be the closest to me.