project Arosa / budget dog

olethalb

thanks for all the comments as ever chaps :D

unfortunately how things stand at the moment project budget box may have to find a new owner. plans at the mo are to finish the smoothing, prime it up, buy a new tyre and whack a fresh MOT on it then sell it.

it'll be a shame to see it go but i need to free up some cash for the Bora. :(

we'll see what happens over the next week or so - if anyone wants to tempt me with any real offers feel free - worst i can say is no!

Olly

hey jr, basically the engine loom can be split in to two parts when you untape it, i took out the loom for the management for the 1.0, and from the polo loom i did the same then put the polo management part of the loom with the lupo/ arosa lighting / wipers etc loom.

at the fuse box end i chopped the wires for the 1 litre management and left a good length on the wires to the plugs, did the same on the polo loom so i had the wires going all the way up to the plugs for the fuse box then just soldered the polo wires onto the arosa plugs.

the only reason i had the dash out was the loom is a complete nightmare to remove without taking the dash out.

so to summarise the only part of the polo loom i used was the management loom that i split from the polo lighting loom.

Olly

did a couple more little bits after work this week while it's still waiting for a buyer.

finished off the drivers handle, prepped the rear bumper and managed to get the drivers side pretty much all primed and ready

arosa-18310004.jpg

arosa-18310002.jpg

arosa-18310008.jpg

arosa-18310003.jpg

haha - i do like the grey though, i may even MOT in the next week or 2 so it's easier to sell.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

thanks bud, haven't done alot lately - been doing engine swaps on other cars.

well it's due for MOT on wednesday, got a new tyre coming tomorrow so thought i'd tidy up the front bumper a bit.

started the process of smoothing the bumper so roughed up the grooved area

projects-29310001.jpg

then set about sorting out the centre cut out to fill it in, after a bit of thoght i thought it best to make an ally brace dso i could shape the bumper to the correct curve heating and moulding the bumper as i went.

projects-29310006.jpg

spliced the flat part to bring it up then with the heat gun shaped the lip over the top of the brace then pop riveted it into place.

projects-29310005.jpg

than trial fitted it to see if it needed tweeking, it seemed fine so roughed it up and flattened it out a bit then offered it up on the car again

projects-29310009.jpg

projects-29310010.jpg

it seemed close to where i want it so started plastic welding the cut outs in

projects-29310011.jpg

thats it for now, might do a bit more tomorrow.

Olly

well got a spanking new 195/45/14 falken fitted up today

projects-30310004.jpg

fitted the pressed rear plate and replaced one of the number plate light bulbs

projects-30310001.jpg

and primed the grill

projects-30310006.jpg

also finished the plastic weld on the bumper and started to fill it but leaving it going off overnight and see if i have time to flat it tomorrow...

Olly

haha yea mate, i promised my mate he could have it today if it passes MOT, he's paying monthly too :lol: - since i said he can have it i've had loads of interest, always the way though just need it off the drive to be honest so i can strip the bora.

will be sorry to see it go really, i think it'd make a good little car with some paint.

Olly

well i flatted as much as the filler in the bumper as i could but had to chuck it back together for the MOT, and it passed just sneaking through on the emissions (good job it got a thrashing on the way to burn it all off)

took some quick pics when i got back

projects-31310002.jpg

projects-31310001.jpg

projects-31310003.jpg

just waiting to hear back from my mate to see if he still wants it now.

Olly

haha, i saw you at ace cafe (EU mania) but by the time i finished chatting you'd disappeared, got a cheeky couple of pics of your car. :shades:

the arosa went late last night so looks like the end of this thread. :-(

thanks for all the kind words from all who have commented.

Olly