Next size up?

PaulTither

I'm eagerly anitcipating the brand new Polo GTI, anyone know when it's planned? I know the Polo GT is out now but it's diesel and that's no good for me! I've asked at my local dealership repetativly but they swear they no nothing!

Also, the tyres on my Lupo Gti are 205/45/15, whats the next size up for 16 inch rims?

There are rumours of a new polo GTi. It wont be in the current 9N model but in the facelift 9N2. There are rumours of 2 GTi engines, a 1.6 FSi Turbo and the 2.0 Diesel from the new golf. Apparently VW have listened to the customers and the new polo is going to be significantly different as they are applying the same moto as they did with the new Golf GTi

Ah the new poloo gti. There was, then there wasn't, then there wasn't. Now there isn't. At least not in this shape as someone just said.

According to mag rumors I read a few months back its going to be in the next facelift. Forget any details, that issue of autocar was long thrown out.

Yep thats right in the facelift, the current GT is kind of a test bed, all be it a vastly overpriced under equipped test bed. Facelift is expected around june 2005 and the GTi's around late 2005 early 2006.

QUOTE(PaulTither)

Also, the tyres on my Lupo Gti are 205/45/15, whats the next size up for 16 inch rims?

I've got 215/40/16 on mine, but it does rub a bit when on full lock. I think I will be getting narower tyres on it when I come to lower it tho, either 205's or 195's if they'll strech on the rims.