13s on a Sport?

ash24

As above, I'm sure this question has been asked loads before but I have seen it done and was wondering what the restrictions were?

Cheers,

Ashley

they'll catch on the brake calipers, i believe one person did it? they had to shave down the calipers?

Edited by Smithson

Someone had a bit of a theory a while back that driving quick in a Lupo on 13"S is dangerous?

I know club lupo went through a spate of write offs at one point where 3 cars in 3 months all on 13's were written off ?

14's tend to look a little better anyway.

I think the only 13's that Really suit the lupo are the ATS Classics :)

Of course this is just my opinion so all you other 13" bast...'s don't jump down my throat!

I dont think there will ever be a good time, plus the amount i spent on getting them into the condition they are in i would end up loosing out.

100_1691.jpg

Edited by scotty_82

Can we make a list of known wheels on sports and how much of the caliper was shaved off the front and rears to get them to fit? I would love to put some 13's on my car but I don't want all the hassle of trying different wheels!

Can we make a list of known wheels on sports and how much of the caliper was shaved off the front and rears to get them to fit? I would love to put some 13's on my car but I don't want all the hassle of trying different wheels!

i beleive the rears would be fine it's the fronts that would need shaving?

i've seen a set of alleycat's on a blue sport before

It was mine that had the alleycats on :) rears fit over the brakes fine but the fronts needed a few taken of the caliper. I drove around 10,000 miles with these on and never had a problem other than the subframe hitting the road with being too low, i crnt see how its unsafe unless you get carried away with the grinder.

It was mine that had the alleycats on :) rears fit over the brakes fine but the fronts needed a few taken of the caliper. I drove around 10,000 miles with these on and never had a problem other than the subframe hitting the road with being too low, i crnt see how its unsafe unless you get carried away with the grinder.

Did you buy the jazz blue loop off a kid called Ben in Kent by any chance?

those ronals are sexual!

i was thinking alleycats as i've seen a couple of sets going, failing that a set of ATS classics

they were literally going to be show wheels as i couldn't run that low on 13s to work/uni and back!

i have filed mine to fit some 13's that caught on my brakes and the car is completley fine, i think some people underestimate how much metal there is on your calipers, ive read many progress threads of older vw's that have done it and it is fine, aslong as you dont take silly amounts off

• 2 weeks later...