What to do with lambda sensors after de cat?

Brammo

Wouldn't bother with these cheep crap parts on eBay.

Speak to the person building the exhaust and see what size they recommend you should buy. 50mm in/out seems a bit small if using a sports manifold.

I would almost definitely add a flexy Pipe in there!

I suppose the in diameter should be bigger than the out diameter. The custom exhaust on at the moment is the standard bore didn't want it bigger or smaller because i didn't want to play around with the back pressures I suppose that will be a good reason for having a custom made sports cat I cant had the manifold side the same diameter as the pipe from the raceland manifold and the exhaust side the same diameter as the exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 200cell sports cat on my gti, running into a standard scorpion cat back system. Also had it remapped at Awesome and it now pulls like a train, very smooth and a little more torque too.

Heard bad things about decatting so I personally wouldn't bother trying it.

I can recommend Awesome if you require a remap...which you will as once the sports cat is fitted it feels a bit slow and almost turbo laggy (if indeed this is a word)!

And i'm presuming the graph shows pre and post map?

Yes, However you have to remember Pre-Map this car already had High flow Cat, Cat-back and an Induction Kit so would have been a little bit up on standard!

As an idea this is a Virtually standard GTI's Graph

apimon.jpg

This is Crash's Graph...

It's worth noting that the BHP figures on the graph are At the wheels and not at the flywheel.

lupogti.jpg

Cheers for wanging that up here for me Al.

I think she might have a tad more power since this dyno was done now that the clutch is new and bedded in. Pulls like a train...suppose the cold air helps too but deffo worth doing IMO.

I think Craig (One litre wonder) was on about possibly aranging another club lupo rolling road day so maybe pop along with the car if it goes ahead and see how she's running :)

ahh righto! would be interested in this fo sure. (sorry to hijack the topic by the way! :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Im adding this here, saves cluttering the forums up.

I had mani + exhaust + sport cat fitted about 2 months ago. The other day the check light came on, so I hooked Vag-com up today and its ready

Error code:

16517 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too slow.

Ive read on here that, this is the fault the manifold brings up, just wanting to double check this

And also whether this will cause the car to run dodgy, if i dont get it sorted?