BMC CDA

hunid-brake

im thinking about getting one for my gti but have a few questions. is there noticeably better performance and sound compared to a k&n flat panel replacement filter? also i really really want to keep my engine cover on without taking chunks out of it. Can anyone post images up of their gti with a cda and with the engine cover on and how you did it? would be much appreciated :)

heres mine

SUC30001.jpg

personally they don't make any performance difference,they make a rorty noise when the engine comes on cam

thats about it

you'd be better off saving the £170 or ever much they are now and get a k&n panel filter with a good cold air supply ;)

it's all bulls*** bling :lol:

Mine.

IMG_5763.jpg

The engine cover just rests on top, no mods necessary.

It sounds good, and it is supposed to be better than a K&N, but you won't really notice any performance difference unless you get a decent exhaust (including manifold and sport cat) and a remap.

dont mean to be rude, but ive seen you say it before....use the search function.

i di use the search bar and looked at the how to page and all i could find was topics and picks of one on a 1.4 an no gtis. sorry but thanks for the pics and advice ill prob just fit a cold air feed. cheers

Removed mine, and took out the charcoal canister too. And my cold air feed stops just where the gap in the wing is.

Have you ever thought about making some sort of ram air duct from the lower part of the grill phil? Dunno if it would make any difference at all?

Have you ever thought about making some sort of ram air duct from the lower part of the grill phil? Dunno if it would make any difference at all?

I was thinking of doing this next weekend, Im fed up of having some crappy alihose going into my wing.

Theres a pretty easy path down to the lower left grille.

You think it would be worth buying all the piping? Would it be ok with all the wet/spray that could get in?

Cheers.

I was thinking of doing this next weekend, Im fed up of having some crappy alihose going into my wing.

Theres a pretty easy path down to the lower left grille.

You think it would be worth buying all the piping? Would it be ok with all the wet/spray that could get in?

Cheers.

that's where my air feed goes to.. runs fine in rain, snow etc.

that's where my air feed goes to.. runs fine in rain, snow etc.

Sweet, Have you used alihose or a series of silicone/aliminium pipes?

Just wondered as would save me the job of working out what to buy.

Was thinking though, If I used proper piping and its attatched to the bumper and the BMC, would there be any issues regarding its rigidity with the engine movement?

Would it be better to just put it to the grill and not actually attach it too it?

Cheers!

Sweet, Have you used alihose or a series of silicone/aliminium pipes?

Just wondered as would save me the job of working out what to buy.

Was thinking though, If I used proper piping and its attatched to the bumper and the BMC, would there be any issues regarding its rigidity with the engine movement?

Would it be better to just put it to the grill and not actually attach it too it?

Cheers!

I'm just running a 1m heavy duty PVC air feed through there as it was a quick replacement for the standard BMC alloy tube. I've not attached it to the grill but when I fit my throttle bodies I'll be doing a more permanent solution..

Why do you think it's going to improve performance though? I'd put money on it not making any difference.

Im more bothered about it looking better rather than like a tuble dryer hose.

Plus when other mods are on like 421,sports cat, catback and remamp it may help slightly.

But if not, atleast itll look neat!