106 gti

josh_gti

exactly you can assume that regardless of my lack of knowledge i want the best. And thats exactly the sort of person i am. I also know that someone that drives an M3 is pretentious. I guess im just a hater cus i would have one in a flash, but if i had that money, id have the rs4. i value sophistication as apposed to brute vulgarity i spose. i dont want to fall out over this, its already gone way too far. i appreciate your criticism of my opinion, good to see that other people are prepaired to voice it strongly and not swing with the crowd. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone i may have unduly offended, just like to voice my opinion. :blush:

exactly you can assume that regardless of my lack of knowledge i want the best. And thats exactly the sort of person i am. I also know that someone that drives an M3 is pretentious. I guess im just a hater cus i would have one in a flash, but if i had that money, id have the rs4. i value sophistication as apposed to brute vulgarity i spose. i dont want to fall out over this, its already gone way too far. i appreciate your criticism of my opinion, good to see that other people are prepaired to voice it strongly and not swing with the crowd. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone i may have unduly offended, just like to voice my opinion. :blush:

You'll not get far with people if you assassinate their character based on the car they drive. Who are you to judge an M3 driver and say they're pretentious? I think it's massively unfair. People are people regardless of what they drive or how they spend their money. Ask the general public about Lupo's and they'll say they're a girls car used for driving around town or going to the supermarket in, and they're driven by grannies or young girls who've just passed their test.

As for wanting the best, most people would agree that those solid top mounts with caster and camber adjustment are total overkill for a road car. The coilovers aren't necessarily the best either - you could have gone to ohlins and gotten them to spec you a set for road use. Granted it may cost you £5k but you said you wanted the best so there you go. Or you could have just dropped the car 30mm on matched springs and dampers as per bilstein, H&R and eibachs recommendation based on testing.

Looks, style etc. are all subjective.

• Like 2

educate me please, how do you mean overkill for a road car? i like the lupo because of this image and to be a bit different. There are loads of saxo's and 106's round me and im the only lupo gti for about 20 miles which i like. i said i like the best but im not an idiot, spending the same amount as the car is worth on suspension isn't the brightest idea. If i come to sell my car on to someone on here, the fact that it will have KW V1's on it aids the appeal as most will want the option to drop it anyway. my mate has an M3 and he would tell you himself he's a complete show off. there will always be exceptions to the rule naturally. you're looking too deeply into what im saying.

• Like 1

I understand that you are entitled to your opinion, but only of the car. To generalise and say that every 106 or Saxo owner is a chav who bought their car because its cheap and fast is ridiculous. A close friend of mine has a Saxo VTS, and its completely different to every car you see. On the floor, with 14" banded steels, show worthy interior. Completely different to every Saxo you see with Lexus lights.

And to say about M3's as well. Yes, they are people that show off most of the time, but a fella i work with who has one, probably one of the nicest guys i'll ever meet, has track specced his car, but drives it slower than my 1.0. He knows where to use it and where to show off, and thats a track.

Talk about cars all you like, but when people come into it, its a whole new kettle of fish. Concentrate on the specs and performance of the car, not who drives them.

• Like 1

youre missing my point , your mates saxo could be the quickest car in the world but i still wouldnt want it. i dont care about the performance to that extent or i would of spent 6k on a type r instead of my gti. this topics boring me now

I think you're missing the point. The original point was what car was better, the Lupo or 106. Performance wise, the 106. He didn't ask what car you thought you looked cool in.

End of topic. This is pathetic.

• Like 1

hello i am new to this site, recently my 106 gti got wrote off and i fancy a change seein so that was my 4th 106 was jst wounderin iff anyone new how the lupo nd the 106 compare performance wise thank you

Back on topic lol. I like the look of the 106 gti's and was looking at them before my other lupo. Pics of your previous ones?

oh and if youre not buying a car for looks or the interior, you get a nissan pulsar or something REALLY fast. or even a glanza v is better than a saxo. Theres no point buying a half assed car. its either very fast or not. read the evo review of the 6 speed gti. Write to them and tell them its BS, oh and 5th gear and all the countless reviews saying 'if you get one, make sure its the 6 speed'. but no, you're right, they must all be wrong, plus what they know anyway these stupid car journo's.

comparing a pulsar gti-r to a 106gti in terms of wanting a fast car is like comparing a lupo 1l to an evo its hardly a fair comparison, and as already said as for a car being half arsed the lupo not just the gti or sport but all of them could have been miles better and you are paying a premium for the badge as with all VW's

rather that than a citreon pug fan boy. i guess its just that i have money, so can afford to choose the more expensive better built cars :huh:

does having a more expensive car mean its better or better built? not necessarily for example, opens can of worms, for the money of a good low miles GTi you could have a EP3 Type-R which is by your standards is a better car its quicker, has a better engine the k20a, better seats, more reliable and was more expensive when it first came out which is what matters right??

you say driving an M3 is pretentious, yet you prefer the RS4.... if anything the M3 is more subtle and less pretentious on the road, the RS4 comes complete chrome "chav style if you want to be pedantic" mirrors which stand out more i.e look at me... that is like saying a girl with fake breasts must be a slut or a show-off when that's not the case. I personally love both the M3 and the RS4 but the point is any person can drive any car that they want. my mates dad has a new m3 and he is in no way pretentious in fact he's one of the quietest nice blokes you'l meet.

Back on topic lol. I like the look of the 106 gti's and was looking at them before my other lupo. Pics of your previous ones?

and to end and get back on topic, adam i think 106 GTi's are a brilliant little car there quick, handing really well and look the part, i saw a few stripped and caged ones, decked, running speedlines at the 'Ring earlier in the year there look at home on a track and nail stuff much quicker than them on a track although this is down to the driver as well not just the car no matter what he or she is like chav or middle class a car is a car and id own a 106gti no hesitation.

• Like 3

ok fine, but why dont you save your breath having a go at me, a member of club lupo who is obviously going to say the lupo gti is better, thats why i bought one after all, and sell your lupo and get yourself a fantastic 106 gti? Post a topic as to which is better on a club lupo dedicated fan site and honestly not expect to get my kind of response??? The money you spent on your lupo, you could have got a 106 gti, so why didnt you? stop bitchin bout my response when to be honest its what is to be expected from a die hard lupo fan. Ask the same question on a pug fan site and im pretty sure you'll get a similar response from them.

is there really any need to start name calling?? its a forum topic on the interweb. Calm down. christ am i gunna get death threats over this? :confused:

• Like 1

Hunid-brake you have some serious issues with generalisation and assumptions to the point where your seriously discriminative against some groups.

Someone needs to have a long hard look in the mirror before they start judging people on what materialistic goods they own, maybe you should be thinking outside of the box.

Id hate to see your views on more political issues if thats the self contained view you take on such a trivial issue as to what car someone should get and what that supposedly pigeon holes them to.

is there really any need to start name calling?? its a forum topic on the interweb. Calm down. christ am i gunna get death threats over this? :confused:

Look at what you've written, this is just a snippet of the verbal diarrhea you seem to suffer from:

people that buy these cars also have no class

Depends if your a teenage pubescent flid in which case a saxo with a snow plough on the front is right up your street. I dont know a single 30+ year old that owns a saxo or a pug 106. If they do then i will happily offend and say they are utter tools.

all my friends and all my colleagues at work look upon these retards with a snobbish disregard as they truly are shyte

someone that drives an M3 is pretentious

You drive a ****ing Lupo, get over yourself before someone flattens you.

• Like 2