Wiring Xenons to non GTI

I will be fitting the xenons to the Mrs.Loopy at some stage this week, and just wanted to see if anyone knows the pin layout in the wiring for them (GTI ones). I read that few members did it here, but I didnt find any specific info about it. I know I'll have to chop few bits off to get them fit which wont be a huge problem, but I would like to get the wiring done properly. Would there be any additional plugs/looms required or could I just swap the pins inside the plug in order they should be?

Any tips/pics/help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stan

• 4 weeks later...

Well I did it this week and WOW!!!!! Awesome!!! :lol:

Didnt have to chop any car bits off to get them fit, just had to remove the induction noise hose which didnt make any difference. So if anyone wants to upgrade their headlights to xenons it can be done :shades:.

The wires have to be switched around in the main headlight loom + you need to run extra ground to each xenon. Also there was an issue with main beam but that we got sorted by splicing into the stalk in the steering column.

It took me and my mate almost 5 hours to do it. But it was well worth it!!!

If anyone needs any help or pics etc. fire away :lol::coffee:

This is the best upgrade so far and xenons look so good on a white car :lol::wub:

Stan

Well I did it this week and WOW!!!!! Awesome!!! :lol:

Didnt have to chop any car bits off to get them fit, just had to remove the induction noise hose which didnt make any difference. So if anyone wants to upgrade their headlights to xenons it can be done :shades:.

The wires have to be switched around in the main headlight loom + you need to run extra ground to each xenon. Also there was an issue with main beam but that we got sorted by splicing into the stalk in the steering column.

It took me and my mate almost 5 hours to do it. But it was well worth it!!!

If anyone needs any help or pics etc. fire away :lol::coffee:

This is the best upgrade so far and xenons look so good on a white car :lol::wub:

Stan

PM'd you.

You know thats it's not legal to use those on a UK road, when fitted to a car without self leveling and washers?? Or are you not from the UK??

really?

i have a friend with a GTi, when he has his main beams on the Xenon bulb gets no brighter at all, another set of lights come on for the main beam.

It doesnt get brighter, the angle of the beam changed to allow more light

Under construction and use regs.. Probably?? Under MOT regs...Maybe?? In reality.. No idea.

As it's been said before 1000 times... You cant legally just fit the headlamps to a non GTI.

i did this two years ago but never bothered sorting the issue with the stalk can you tell me how you did it please, also some people may want to be carefull as some /most of the earlier cars came with a different front panel rad housing and the light casings will not fit into this, also i take it you have cut the inner wings back to accomodate the rear of the light casing? as 3 cars i've done needed this.