Brake disk life?

Hi folks

Just had our 1.0 MOT'd for the first time today and it's failed on the front brakes as the disks are warped. I was feeling a slight pulsing when braking from `60-70` but nothing really bad.

The car's done just under 34k and we know that we're not heavy on brakes as we did almost 50k in our Bora without needing any brake work. Both cars got the same type of use.

Just wondering if the Lupo brake parts are made from chcocolate or if this is unusual

Cheers

Dave

disks on my cars usually last about 20K miles thoug hi've had quite a few (on three different cars) changed because of corrosion under warrenty. 36K isn't excessive.

you can't be driving fast enough wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> need pads all round around 15K and disks all round before 30K usually

I've always been suspicious that the brakes have been over/misused.

Well that doesn't apply here. As I said, we got almost 50k on our Bora without needing any brake work. Even then we only needed rear pads. The disks and front pads had loads of life left.

I guess the Lupo brakes aren't quite as sturdy as the Bora's. They're definitely no where near as powerful.

Dave

My 1 litre has had 2 sets of disc and pads in 24k miles.

My new 256mm disc and calipers are getting fitted this afternon as the pads and disc are worn again!

So thats 3 sets of disc and pads in 24k miles

VW by the way, think that this is acceptable.

hmmm. i park my rosa on a hill, put the handbrake on, and it rolls down the hill (until i pull the hbrake rite up neway) - who thinks i mite need the brakes checked tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol

QUOTE(dlyall)
Well, 2 disks, 2 sets of pads, an MOT and cleaned the rear brakes (they were making a horrible sound) - £310 at Vindis in Bedford

They did price match the best quote I had from non VW so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

jeez

2 discs, 2 sets of pads and cleaning set me back 190.....

• 2 weeks later...