piks of lupos on 13's please :D

TomStevo

can some of you post some piks of lupos on 13's? any width, ideally 6j but owt will do just to get an idea, also if there are any 6j piks tyre size would be nice aswell :D i really cant decide that size tyre to go for, im thinking 165/55/13 and want an idea on how low to wind the coilies :D

Lowered 40mm, on 13 x 5.5J MK1 GTi 9 spokes. Tyre size is 165/60/13...

9-spokes-014.jpg

3564118935_3529b9c05e_o.jpg

3564118543_02c242dc82_o.jpg

3675773765_fc0147ffcd_o.jpg

3616781333_817022b9b2_o.jpg

...really needed spaced to come out into the arches a little, but even though I bought 2 sets of 20mm, one set found it's way onto the rear of the GTi and the others weren't fitted and have now been sold. :blink:

im on 13s now but with a 165/70/13 a think it is so theres a pretty big sidewall lol, so wen i have lower profile on wider wheels i should be quite a bit lower, also meaning more arch gap which also means i need to lower the car more to look good lol, i think i may look into gettin some sort of bash guard made for the bottom of the engine so it stops things taking such a beating lol

VolkswagenFestival041.jpg

Theyre 165/55's on a 7j, theyre for sale too ;) and i will (been saying this for a while) get some better photos up

that reg plate is mint!! mine is R111 UDS or at least it will be when ive got the cash to take it off retention and put it on the loop :lol:

that reg plate is mint!! mine is R111 UDS or at least it will be when ive got the cash to take it off retention and put it on the loop :lol:

I know, cant beleive i only paid £250 for it too. Now all i need to do is stick 2 R1 engines in there and i'm sorted

I know, cant beleive i only paid £250 for it too. Now all i need to do is stick 2 R1 engines in there and i'm sorted

would have to have a photo sesh 1 day when i got it on. where u located? i payed 250bits for mine too. mine relates to myself not the car but for you to pay 250 for a plate that says lupo is an awsome deal!!

Loops just look beautiful in 13's.

I don't think I have ever seen car in the flesh with anything less than 14's on.

Really just how many problems do you get with being on coilies them being so small? Do most bumps give you scrapes? I don't really want to have to jump out and give it a push, I think I would cry listening to the metal - concrete grinding noises.

Smallest wheels my friends are on are 15's and they still have to take it easy.

I've had to go back to my 14's as it was just getting to me having to drive around with my heart in my mouth everywhere, never good at half six on a morning on your way to work! Also, a good example of how low you end up is when i was on my way to edition this year, driving slowly through traffic, there was a base of a traffic cone in my lane and ended up dragging it for some distance under my car! Was funny at the time but at speed it would have been a brown trouser moment for sure

i scraped on slightly cambered roads for a little while untill i had a little tummy tuck underneath laugh.gif

I've had to go back to my 14's as it was just getting to me having to drive around with my heart in my mouth everywhere, never good at half six on a morning on your way to work! Also, a good example of how low you end up is when i was on my way to edition this year, driving slowly through traffic, there was a base of a traffic cone in my lane and ended up dragging it for some distance under my car! Was funny at the time but at speed it would have been a brown trouser moment for sure

If you cant hack being low, dont go low. I hit everything, front splitter hits all speedbumps, the small 1ft long speedbumps in carparks i have to drag the car across but peoples faces are actual priceless.

:D Crazy, the three of you!

What I forgot to ask is, how much difference does having 13's make to your acceleration/top speed? - imcrease/decrease?

And HAIRbear, those wheels are - beautiful - what are they?

Edited by danixd

:D Crazy, the three of you!

What I forgot to ask is, how much difference does having 13's make to your acceleration/top speed? - imcrease/decrease?

smaller wheels should make acceleration quicker and top speed less but i dont know if there is a massive difference

biggrin.gif Crazy, the three of you!

cheers blush.gif there mattigs steels 13x8

i havnt really noticed much of a differance in acceleration and top speed tbh

I scrape everyday. Has any1 on here ever thought about getting a fabricator to make a batch of sump guards coz being 1 and a half inches off the floor kinda makes my bum twitch when i hear a scrape lol at least with a sump guard i willknow nothing major is scraping!!

Also added shims to the rear courtesty of an engineering friend!!

DSC00040-1.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

Edited by Lenses