photo please

johny BOY

hi,

i have a LUPO, and i want to do this: put a tips on exhaust like the GTi or Sport have. In center.

Anyone have a picture so i can see how it looks from the bottom of the car, so i can improvise mine...

I don't know if you understand what i mean...

I think you have a spare wheel in the way

The 1.0 and 75hp 1.4s have a full size wheel well which the exhaust is bent around underneath the car.

The 1.4 sports and GTIs had a space saver spare wheel which is shallower, and allows for a centre exit exhaust.

GTI has no spare wheel, no jack, no wheel brace.

That's because da is hardcore :lol:

Even with the bigger spare wheel well it would not take much to modify it to be able to fit a pipe there. The OEM back box is

large. Aftermarket boxes take up much less space, there is no reason you could not extend the tail pipe to run behind the bumper

and come out where the GTI Sport tail pipe did using the standard hangers and location of the back box. You may need to modify some

metal on the car and use some heat shield wrap on the pipe but its worth a go.

I will try to get some pictures when i get a chance.

That was probably referring to my ultra shiny example haha. It gets that way in a few days of driving on 'real roads' the the kind that

you can actually still derive pleasure from. The day people start looking at that part of my exhaust and i start to have to worry about it

is the day i will have to become a poser and not be in it for the driving experience any more. It will have become a fetish.

Don't worry though it has diamond glaze on so it's still nice and shiny underneath all the dust and muck :lol:

LOL OK, mine is up and down to North Yorkshire every week, the roads round the office are populated by farm vehicles so the roads are very dirty, but good fun, I try to give the underside a wash down once a week but the exhaust is potmocked with rust and access means I can't keep it as clean as I would like so it touched a nerve!

Edited by JB1.0e

thank you.

it's all i need... I was trying to see if only the tips of the exhaust is positioned in center, or the entire exhaust is position in center... Now i know what i have to do :)

Thank you again

P.S. One question i have: "Unheard"-your exhaust is modified? And "JB1.0e" is factory, OEM? It seem's it was 2 questions :)

Spare wheel recess can be bought seperately so converting to a center exit exhaust properly can be done!

VW Lupo Spare wheel Recess - 1.0, 1.4 75hp, 1.7SDI, 1.4TDI - Part no: 6X0 813 116B

VW Lupo Spare wheel Recess - 1.4 100hp, 1.6 GTi - Part no: 6X0 813 116D