Smoothing Washer Jets

Matty.

I know its possible, but is it legal?

Remember i read something a while ago that their needed for xenons but not sure, its on a gti :)

I started a thread on this around new year,

I can give you the full details but a long story short it is illegal. Although I doubt anybody will notice to be fair (in regards to police), having an MOT is a different matter . . . I can't remember whether you can fail an MOT without them :confused:

Sam

They mean for the headlights, that you get on GTi's, not for the windows, they are under the bonnet anyway ;)

Correct,

I do think it may fail an MOT, there was a thread with the information. Might have a look in a mo but i remember somebody actually properly looking into whether it would fail or not.

It would be illigal to have xenon lights without washers but it may or may not go through an MOT depending on where its done. I don't think many

places around here would be that concerned. There are enough 4x4s that blind you even when they are legal that a lowered Lupo is not going to

bother anyone.

Its the quality and deflection of light from dirt and they are required to be very clean for best performance through the lenses.

QUOTE:

Dirt buildup on headlamp lenses increases glare to other road users, even at levels too low to reduce seeing performance significantly for the driver. Therefore, headlamp lens cleaners are required by ECE Regulation 48 on vehicles equipped with low-beam headlamps using light sources that have a reference luminous flux of 2,000 lumens or more. This includes all HID headlamps and some high-power halogen units.

oh okay i get the ones you mean not sure about the washer jets on the lights but if you upgrade your standerd lights to the xenon ones what would happen then? would you have to fit washers?

You should do. But most people fitting them dont really care about other road users, so arent bothered