Who wants to drive the Lakes?

simpo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A large turnout sounds good. :)

From the looks of things it will most likely be a Sunday drive only as allot of people have commitments on Saturday. I have a very kind offer of a place to stay on Saturday night, and will take it unless the majority want to camp. :huh:

Sounds ok to me, means I don't have such an early morning!

You could go out in Newcastle, but you'll still have a canny drive on Sunday morning, can't be much shorter than just driving up from Leeds.

Without being the bossy teacher type, KFC is on the same road as the Shell petrol station, and would make more sense, as there is plenty of parking.

Think it should be a 9.45am meet for 10.15am set off, and only wait if one of us gets a call.

Also going to post up a route in 5 mins.

Here's a possible route (which can include food stops & petrol stops)

click me

It's not a huge amount of the Lakes, but I've tried to incorporate a bit of everything, including our usual roads. (Im happy to re-plan the Hawes to Richmond part, as it can be **** driving through Swaledale.)

Yeah you have a long way to come Andi, but Penrith is the obvious starting point for access to the Lakes. Might be worth seeing if a few people would meet at Scotch Corner first?