P88BEL GTTDI

p88bel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting hassle the now with my rear lights and break light, id also boot lock trouble so disconnected it, think my break switch is faulty, it showed up before as faulty at vw on the computer, but it worked ok for about 3 months after, so gonna buy on and that will remedy problem for all it costs £5

Well heres some pics:

Picture_045SM.jpg

Picture_044SM.jpg

i didnt buy it till tuffers photoshoped it for me, thanx mate!

I managed to get a whack knocked off the price as well, agreed id plug em in mag features an saved a fortune, took a hour and half to fit me and a mate done it, wed to keep slacking and moving brackets a little till it lined up properly, its turning heads brilliantly, its best in daylight with the carbon looking nuts

Not to sure about the bonnet vent but definately like the carbon on the silver base car! twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

QUOTE(matt_arosa16v)
what are them holes below your headlights?

There the holes for the headlamp jets.

Which Im sure he will be fitting at some poinnt :wink: hehe

Im not sure on it buddy, I would have liked to have seen a ventless one, but its not my car so who cares.

Whats the weight like?

Have you any pics of the under side of the bonnet?

And inside the wints?

Is it mesh underneath or just open?

Are you going to paint it or leave it plain?

its 20 percent the weight of original bonnet, its twin skinned carbon, underneaths identicle to original bonnet even got the holes for the clips for sound deadning, underneaths just jet black, the vents are meshed, only time u actually see them is when u go looking for them the vents kinda double back on em self so theyre just behind readiator etc

The reason I opted for vented is for the cool air and itll allow me to fit my induction kit to get better air and allows more room for a bigger intercooler. (can use some of the space where the original intake was for intercooler)

The only problem with it was it doesnt have the holes for the washer jets, this could be sorted prob in 10 mins but im opting for somthing different, i may relocate em to window cowling or get wiper and jets all in one setup.

At the moment Im happy with it being carbon its very smooth and has a very thick coating of gel finnish which means less chance of chips etc

The car colour i dunno nearest ive found to it was satin silver vw paint, thats colou done my dash and looks same as bodywork

Hmm. Not too sure about the vent myself, but TBH, it's your car and if you like it, and other people like it too...who gives a flying monkeys biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I do like carbon bonnets though. Looks like a top quality job smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(p88bel)
its 20 percent the weight of original bonnet, its twin skinned carbon, underneaths identicle to original bonnet even got the holes for the clips for sound deadning, underneaths just jet black

So its just a standard bonnet with a layer of carbon fibre over the top then?

Or have they taken a mould of the standard bonnet, and bolted the skin to the steel frame work?

Sorry for all the questions.

QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(p88bel)
its 20 percent the weight of original bonnet, its twin skinned carbon, underneaths identicle to original bonnet even got the holes for the clips for sound deadning, underneaths just jet black

So its just a standard bonnet with a layer of carbon fibre over the top then?

Or have they taken a mould of the standard bonnet, and bolted the skin to the steel frame work?

Sorry for all the questions.

Going off what hes said it weighs 20% of the original weight so it isnt just a carbon skin over original bonnet, its two layers of carbon over what i presume would be a carbon skeleton for support!!?

well wheels are changing they were just bought as a tempoary set, looking at bbs or porsche rims for it, the bonnets all carbon fibre, theyve made it as outer and inner then joined em they basicly made a a mould of original, theres one peice of steel and thats the tiny catch for the bonnet front as expected, retails normaly £400 plus thats on the cheap, I got lotsa discount to plug em in photo shoot, £330 delivered to the door.

Its very strong and it copes with high speeds with ease 120mph tested lol

i have to say, i dont see the point of leaving it black, looks like you had an accident and havent had it sprayed yet...

but as everyone said each to their own, and always good to have an individual mod or 2 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />