P88BEL GTTDI

p88bel

Im impressed the body work looks great, thats made my mind up I have got to do something with my rear arches, they look so much better.

Id be very happy with the body shop that put that together it must have been extremly tricky to match up those panels.

Not sure on the amount of screens mind, dont know whats happening there, one would be enough...

Got any spare? lmao

Very cool car.

How come you didnt fit GTi Skirts?

(Not a dig at the ones you have, just wondering if there was another reason for them..)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(zippy)
Is that the AECC...?

Now now lets get the name right. Press and Journal Arena! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Scchweeeeeeet!! Lovin' it! Particularly the interior - larvely that... looks well nice on the dark pics biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> top job by the looks and bless @ GTTDI's wee rosa mate too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive, exterior looks very impressive, about the only complaint I could level is the exhaust looks a bit fat for my tastes, and a bit too many tv screens for my, looks like a branch of dixons, but these are minor nitpicky things. What are the seats though, they look interesting, got any pictures?

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Mota looks pukka but not too keen on the side skirts... think GTi ones would be better IMO other than that you dun what you said you would all that time ago.. Pukka and good on ya

Mark I agree, but the problem is, the GTi skirts are part of the body.

As far as I am aware, it would be a huge task to do it.

The rest of the body work is fantastic, I really think the Nos out of the bumper idea is no doubt flashy, but not very practical.

If you instaled washer jets, then it really would be a GT TDi.

I would love the lamps, but without the washers I would have to change the lights come MOT time, or give me bother with the Police if I didnt clean the head lamps almost daily in the winter.

Other than that I think its fantastic.

When you lose the extra weight with what you have planned its gonna be even cooler.

Nice one buddy.

The washers aint that expensive I think they come in three parts. The pressure cannister, the jet and the coloured cover. Around £45 a piece. Not sure if the gti water reservoir.(Under passenger wing) is the same. You also need the pump and the pipe joining all together. Its a shame cos i had a few of them bits. not anymore.

Hi,

like the interior a lot, it is very nice,

not keen on the exterior, as i said on pvw forum about the same car, dont understand spending so much money changing the shelll to gti spec, when it'd probably be cheaper to upgrade to a gti.

i think the answer was, he likes the tdi engine. so fair enough.

top marks for interior

taz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive took some more up to date pics in them theres carbon fibre door pillars and door handle backings, still to fit matching door sills.

Ive also colour coded complete dash.

Im currently working on making and pod on inner plastic tailgate to house my 12" Ive only just started and its taking shape already just some more hard work and then color coding, the screens all getting done in silver as well for a stealth look. More pics soon

Picture_020sm.jpg

Picture_021sm.jpg

Picture_009_sm.jpg

Picture_004sm.jpg

I dont do tacky!!! lol

If I do a mod and think its wrong straight back off it comes, I did intentionaly go for gti spec stuff to keep it a quality vw and not some fibre glass kit car like lots of others.

Its got to be solid for the way I drive, the install for sounds etc though is going to be a fibreglass install, but thats to be demo use for shows, advertising etc and fact I like my in car entertainment lots!

Im modeling some speakers onto the tailgate now as well and its looking nuts, Ive someone else thats going to make a virtual preview of the install, whos also member of clublupo tuffnuts, helps him get advertising as well for the magazine features

heres some more pics of the boot mounted screen still wokring on it and the silver dash theres lotsa cabling and tape about the now but thats tempoary till I remove seats and other parts of dash so gives a rough idea of how its going though.

Picture1_005SM.jpg

Picture1_007SM_001.jpg

carbon fibre pillars and door handle backings breaks up the silver a bit

Picture1_008SM.jpg

Picture1_009sm.jpg

love how the car is covered in snow and ice yet i am less than 20 miles away and its been about 5/6 degrees all day with on and off rain , cars lookin good mate , r u goin to the meet at the end of the month ???

alright lee mate, notice i got the exhaust same as urs, even though the lads said wasnt possible, lol

had to chop the spare wheel well in processs though.

I got the pillars door handle backings and nice sills that not fitted yet, from a place based in scotland ordered em online though, "need for speed ltd", its mainly rgm parts, they come with a strong silicone, the drivers one i didnt use enough so it aint as solid as should be but ill sort it out proper when weather drys up