Carbon Fibre Parts

1 Litre Screamer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the questions about full carbon parts, if your prepared to pay 4 to 5 times the cost of the overwrapping for the same part then i can do that!!

The idea of overwrap is purely cosmetic which most people are very happy with, these are production cars not race cars so the extra carbon isnt going to make any difference to performance!

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

• 2 weeks later...

A little update as far as the carbon parts go, the front VW badge is underway so once i have this made i will get pictures on. I have also had a request for a GTi rear spoiler made in pure carbon, is this something that would appeal to anyone else if i was to make a run of them? (I know this will be price dependant obviously)

if its worth doing its worth doing properly..... go the whole hog any ideas on the price of a tailgate???

The problem with the whole tailgate is the size and costing of the two part tooling. If I made the item as a one off then the costs would be enormous to the customer, obviously the more units made from the mold reduces this cost but it is still a very expensive item. There are ways to make this in a different way to reduce costs BUT the finished item is a little bit larger than the original item (only 1mm in every dimension).

A tailgate made using a two part mold on a one off would be around £1500+ where as done the other way would reduce the cost to somewhere around £850.

The problem with the whole tailgate is the size and costing of the two part tooling. If I made the item as a one off then the costs would be enormous to the customer, obviously the more units made from the mold reduces this cost but it is still a very expensive item. There are ways to make this in a different way to reduce costs BUT the finished item is a little bit larger than the original item (only 1mm in every dimension).

A tailgate made using a two part mold on a one off would be around £1500+ where as done the other way would reduce the cost to somewhere around £850.

im only after a skin really as polycarb window would go in it, just so long as it could be sealed and released from the inside thats all. trackday exoticness...

A few pictures to let you see how far things have got with parts.

The VW badge is nearly there but still needs a clear coat and a little more detailing but its getting there. The other parts are just a quick look as to what can be done, the spoiler and inner mirror covers are Golf Mk2 Gti and the handbrake is Audi TT.

I know some of the pictures aren't very clear but thats the joy of taking photo's of carbonfibre!!!!

And yes, the loop is filthy but will be getting a clean. ;)

Badge.jpg

mirrorcover.jpg

mk2gtispoiler.jpg

TTMK1Handbrake.jpg

any news on a seat badge? (arosa mk2) and any ideas of a price for the carbon spoiler?

I am on with the Seat badge as soon as the dealer gets it to me! Do you mean the all carbon Lupo GTi spoiler or wrap of another?

what about a carbon rear badge with the back peice done in carbon so its chrome vw and carbon background, thatd be pretty cool

Already have that as an option! once my website is up and running i will list the most popular things on it. I can also do lots more so just ask.

Lupoluke, i am just about to start making the tooling for a full genuine carbonfibre rear spoiler,this is based on the GTi so obviously it will fit everything else with the correct bolts and brake light etc.

This is the rear badge with the back done in carbon. Its hard to see in the pictures but it does look very good. Its a nice subtle mod.

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03547.jpg

I can feel a Club Lupo discount on a group buy coming on, (if there is any interest in this!)

well as weve talked im defoo intrested ill wait until theres any others before i send you some cash

that does look tres nice indeed. deffo interested if the price is right! ;)

well as weve talked im defoo intrested ill wait until theres any others before i send you some cash

I have done this mate i just used a polo front badge with a piece of carbon stuck behind it, looks alot better than the curvy lupo badge imo.

Do you have any prices yet pall.

will be interested with the price !

For the carbon back, as in the picture above, the normal price is £30 each. This is based on your own badge being sent to me so that i can carbon that.

As for a group buy/discount, If we can get an order of 5 then I can do them for £24.50 each. obviously the more the people that are wanting these then the cheaper it will be. The turn around is within a working week and the badge will be returned with new 3M adhesive on the back ready to be pushed on.

That badge is very cool, shame i have an arosa and nothing can really be done with the rear badge lol.

Im already working on this. I have the front and rear S badges on their way to me, and i'll be doing a full carbon cover on these.

I intend on doing lots of parts for Arosas, just let me know if theres anything in particular you want doing