Sold on the 1.4TDi engine

Silver!

Thanks both. That's what I wanted to hear.

Your mum says you have pants with the day of the week on so if you can remember which day it was...

Test drive booked tomorrow. Brrmmmmmmmmm...

...chug, chug, chug...

..Ooh Ahr! Lets get ploughing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy the roomster in a 1.4TDI. They give terrible gas mileage for a TDI. They are also ridiculously slow and couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

The 105TDI 1.9 is the best engine of the bunch and can be mapped up to 150+ bhp (we mapped one of my customers cars upto 165bhp with a few other mods!)

Another recommendation on the roomster is to fit a rear anti-roll bar. Completely unbelievable transformation in handling! More so than a rear ARB on any other car!

As for common problems,

Air mass meters - Car feels sluggish and laggy or doesn't appear to be boosting.

Cracked cylinder heads - Coolant tank pressurizing and boiling over (some have been known to blow the cap off the coolant tank)

Rattly noise on camshaft - Easy to tell apart from normal diesel clatter

Edited by nfbr

Don't buy the roomster in a 1.4TDI. They give terrible gas mileage for a TDI. They are also ridiculously slow and couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

The 105TDI 1.9 is the best engine of the bunch and can be mapped up to 150+ bhp (we mapped one of my customers cars upto 165bhp with a few other mods!)

Another recommendation on the roomster is to fit a rear anti-roll bar. Completely unbelievable transformation in handling! More so than a rear ARB on any other car!

Did I mention a Roomster? I did, but in the negative and as I don't transport the Pope much...

50% off a remap?

:)

Yeh just noticed that, I saw not an A2, skipped forward and saw Roomster lol.

The only cars I can think of that the 1.4 TDI was used in are:

A2, Lupo, Arosa, Ibiza, Polo, Fabia, Roomster.

Have PM'd you an offer for remapping.

my dad has a 1.9tdi roomster scout for his business, and it is gutless and slow, so not sure how the 1.4tdi in any car could have an acceptable level of performance. why not get something with a pd130/150? good fuel consumption and more than quick enough when mapped.

Edited by Adam K

...it's to replace the 1.0 as a daily runner not the Gti, so performance isn't on the radar, but I would like it to swallow motorway miles and be able to fit the dog in the boot.

1.4TDi with a remap when out of warranty should do the job just fine.

:)

Yeh just noticed that, I saw not an A2, skipped forward and saw Roomster lol.

The only cars I can think of that the 1.4 TDI was used in are:

A2, Lupo, Arosa, Ibiza, Polo, Fabia, Roomster.

Have PM'd you an offer for remapping.

Hedging your bets a bit there Al!!!

One of the above, but with a bit of a difference.

Cheers the offer, but the car I'm test driving still has nearly a year on manufacturers warranty, so the remap will be a way off yet.

I wanted black, but silver just keeps getting in the way. :(

can the manafacturer tell if the remap has been done?

surely, if a part not related to the remap fails, then that is covered under the warranty?

A remap cannot fail.

It's the same as saying: "If my microsoft office stops working, does it have a warranty?"

If a remap wasn't right for the car, then you would have problems immediately after it being created or installed.

Manufacturer's can tell if it has been mapped, however some tuners (such as ourselves) have specially developed software that re-sets the "ECU Burn" counter so that they cannot see if it has been mapped. However on the diesels, It's very obvious if the car has been mapped just by driving it.

90% of dealers have no issues with remaps when it comes to warranty claims as re-mapping your ECU cannot cause your shockers to leak, or your central locking to go wrong etc.

Fabia Saloon?
:lol::lol::roflmao:

I was thinking Cordoba, Fabia estate or A2 TDI 90hp. It was the bit of a difference bit that got me thinking.

I was thinking Cordoba, Fabia estate or A2 TDI 90hp. It was the bit of a difference bit that got me thinking.

No sorry.

I like the A2, but they are expensive and many are getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Cordoba? Isn't that pasta sauce?

Waiting for a call back to see if they've accepted our offer.

:whistle:

I'm off to change my bet at Ladbrokes. It's an FSO Polonez with a dodgy Russian transplant.

Thinking on, the last time the Ibiza was serviced, I was given a new Leon TDI. It sounded pretty rough characterful, but didn't think they did it in the 1.4, maybe I was wrong. However, it's something in the scope of A2, Ibiza, Fabia, Polo, Roomster. Not a Cordoba, Fabia Saloon or estate, Roomster. Hmmm...

Waiting for a call back to see if they've accepted our offer.

:whistle:

Damn the SVAG group dealer, they're playing hardball.

Time to make them sweat. They want our money/business, but not want we want to give them.

Were only talking ÂŁ150, but that's worth more to me than it is them.

Pah!

:angry:

I'm off to change my bet at Ladbrokes. It's an FSO Polonez with a dodgy Russian transplant.

Try Skoda Estelle with a dodgy Czechoslovakian transplant.

:rolleyes:

What offer did you make them then :ninja:

ÂŁ8750, but without knowing what the car and the details are that is pointless. It's ticket price is ÂŁ9,495. And they want ÂŁ8900.

She dropped to ÂŁ8990 at the drop of a hat, but when we made the offer she had to check with the sales manager and came back with the additional ÂŁ90 drop.

:(

I will pay the ÂŁ8900 if they throw in a dog guard and mats. :)

Yeah, it's a fairly good idea to ask for bits and pieces rather than cash, the dealers pay less for those, so they don't feel as bad doing it.

What is it? :)

Thinking on, the last time the Ibiza was serviced, I was given a new Leon TDI. It sounded pretty rough characterful, but didn't think they did it in the 1.4, maybe I was wrong. However, it's something in the scope of A2, Ibiza, Fabia, Polo, Roomster. Not a Cordoba, Fabia Saloon or estate, Roomster. Hmmm...

Hmmm... I find Hmmm curiously appealing.

You can send my prize to IDGM, Express Parcel Services, Middleton.

Try Skoda Estelle with a dodgy Czechoslovakian transplant.

:rolleyes:

I've had one of those. Brilliant fun.

Hmmm... I find Hmmm curiously appealing.

You can send my prize to IDGM, Express Parcel Services, Middleton.

Jon_273 actually beat you too it, but that went missing too.

I've just checked the entire UK dealerships and actually the ÂŁ9,495 was a good starting price in comparison to the others out there. Especially taking in to account the 15k milage.

So with the ÂŁ595 off it sounds pretty good. I'm also going to see if they'll connect my iPod connector.

Though I doubt I'll hear it when ploughing, but it'll be handy when I'm eating my bread, cheese and pickle...