Camera's?

_JLClark_

Hi, there i don't know if this topic has been done before, but i was looking for help as to what camera to get next so far im just using a simple canon s500 (an old point and shoot) and the reason being is i am bored with it and wanted something better such as an SLR so that i can take this further into sport or automotive photograph alongside my job at the mo. So to get to the point i have up to a £300 budget do you guys have any suggestions :)

Thanks a bunch!

Josh.

edit. Spelling

Edited by _JLClark_

Or if you don't want to go Full DSLR, get one of these....

Nikon P90 Linky

I'm NOT saying this is as good as a DSLR, but I have one, and had motorsport photographs published in mags and online.

Edited by 99hjhm

thanks again there for the help, yeah im not entirely sure i want a DSLR/SLR yet as i have heard they are rather confusing to get round as im used to my Auto ISO point and shoot haha, but joking aside thanks again really helps :)

You can't really go wrong with either a Canon or a Nikon. My best advice would be to go somewhere like Jessops where you can actually get your hands on the camera and have a play about with them both and see what they can do...

Then don't but don't buy one there get one off they internet as they are far cheaper! :lol:

There are plenty of deals you can pick up for less than £300 on either low end Canon or Nikon DSLR's and a lot of the time they have cashback deals on too :)

EDIT: Cock... I'm Jamie not Claire, I should really stop using her laptop when she's at work!!

Edited by Clairey Fairy

You can't really go wrong with either a Canon or a Nikon. My best advice would be to go somewhere like Jessops where you can actually get your hands on the camera and have a play about with them both and see what they can do...

Then don't but don't buy one there get one off they internet as they are far cheaper! :lol:

There are plenty of deals you can pick up for less than £300 on either low end Canon or Nikon DSLR's and a lot of the time they have cashback deals on too :)

EDIT: Cock... I'm Jamie not Claire, I should really stop using her laptop when she's at work!!

What an idiot I am! :lol:

I have a Canon S3, which is a good compromise between a pocket camera and a DSLR. (Now the Canon S5)

12 x optical zoom and lets you do all manual if the mood arises.

You can also get adaptors to increase wide angle and zoom with the use of an adaptor.

Have a look at my Flickr if you wish to see some of my pic's the ones named "350" are taken with a EOS 350D borrowed form work and were taken to compare the results with the "S3" ones.

I've been pretty happy with mine.