8" wide bbs splits...

crash

Seen some 8 inch wide bbs splits with tyres...any one know if these wide mothers would be ok on my gti? they are 15" and 4x100 pcd so thats ok....just the 8" part I am not sure about!!???....

cheers for ya help chaps and chappesses.

If the offset is reasonable they'll fit fine. Use something like 195/45/15s.

They would fit a non-gti, and you have bigger arches :)

thanks cobblers!

yeah i thought they might squeeze in/on...just checking the offset and tyre size now!

yeah they sound fine

some people run 9 & 10 without problems lol !

haha :lol: 9 and 10 inches....crazy

I haven't seen any 9 or 10's x 15J. Usually people only run really wide wheels on 13's or 14's.

GTI's have wider arches but also a wider track, so there isn't really any extra roor for wide wheels under them. In fact I'd say you can run wider wheels on a non-GTI.

At a guess I'd say they're gonna be a pretty low offset, as they were probably 6.5J as standard, and around et38. Once you've added 2" dishes on them to make them 8J the offset's gonna be quite low and rather pokey.

Edited by Philplop

The offset won't be very good though and you may struggle at the front especially if you plan on running fairly low.

rolled arches you thinking?!...it will be on kw v1's so can adjust if needed...

Yeah, on the rear there's about a 10mm gap between the inner and outer arches. For maximum room you'd need to cut and reweld them.

If you take it somewhere to get the front arches rolled, make sure they know they're aluminium, as you need to be more careful with them as they're brittle. I just cut the front arches back so there's only a little lip.

I ran 8j ET18 wheels on standard arches. The car was undriveable.

I ran 8j ET25 wheels on standard arches. The car was fine.

I ran 8j ET25 wheels on standard arches with 25mm spacers. The car was then undriveable and cut rather large grooves out of the tires.

:)

I had 8j et25 with 205/45's. It scrubbed even when riding sky high.

Running the same wheels with 165/50's I can run mega low with no scrubbing.

Depends a lot on ride height too. What some people class as low isn't low to others, and everyone seems to guess their ride height measurements so that's no good either.

If you like the wheels. Make them fit.

Thanks for all the input everyone! :) ended up not getting the rims as the guy wanted silly money and they werent as 'perfect' as he had said!

I have a mate of a mate with a mk1 golf gti and hes selling his wheels. They werent really legal on his car to be honest so am not sure if they would fit the lupo either?!...they are 15x7, 4x100pcd and et13 what do you think?...fit?!

thanks in advance peeps!

Hmm, ET13 are going to stick out a bit too far to be honest matey

:( owwww! back to the drawing board! did think they might be a little too pokey outy! cheers matey.

they are 15x7, 4x100pcd and et13 what do you think?...fit?!

thanks in advance peeps!

u would get those on. the 8s u were planning if they were bbs rms r 15x8 et 14 and as bluloop said he got them on with work, so with an inch less width u'll have no problems..

13's are easy to go wide on, the arch sits above them.

I have a set of 15x7's et30, and they scrub quite a bit on 195/45's. Was quite surprised actually.

The difference between 8J et 13 and 7J et13 isn't an inch. The face will only stick out half an inch further, the other half an inch will be on the rear side of the wheel, next to the suspension.

UPDATE!...

What do we think of Keskins and imparticular RT5's - 16 x 7.5" et20 4x100pcd????

Think theyd look pretty good on a silver lupo gti?!?!!?!??!!?

RT5's