Volkswagen Starlites

lupo_shaun

u going to the dealers for them?

afaik theyre around 100 nicker a wheel without tyres valves and balancing

really wouldnt fancy paying that much for them there are a few used sets for sale around if u have a look

To be honest, I can't imagine VW still sell them - no current VWs have a 4 stud pattern. There were a few new sets on eBay a year or so back, which looked like ex demo models.

I have a set in my shed which, whilst brand new and in their original VW boxes, have tyre fitting marks. I wondered at the time if these were the showroom demos being sold off.

:)

I know. I can't decide what tyres to put on 195/45, 185/50 or 185/55. Whilst I intend on putting them on the Lupo for a while I think they will ultimately end up on the Arosa, so my head says 185/55. And now I need my front disks sorted again. Hopefully a skim will do.

So tyres on hold at the mo' :(

I know. I can't decide what tyres to put on 195/45, 185/50 or 185/55. Whilst I intend on putting them on the Lupo for a while I think they will ultimately end up on the Arosa, so my head says 185/55. And now I need my front disks sorted again. Hopefully a skim will do.

I got 185/55 because I thought 195/45 would look silly on a car without coilovers. Also VW fitted them with 185/55 so that is the standard size tyre for those wheels.

Otherwise you could get coilovers for the Arosa!

195/45's are the way forward on the 7j14 Starlights. They look awful on any other tyres!

sounds good haha!

what brand of tyre are on those starlites?

they look really round and suit the starlites

Round tyres , whatever next :D :D :D

They're 195/45 R15, Uniroyal Rainsport, excellent tires.

They make Rainsport 2's now, basically the same, only complaint i've even heard it a softer sidewall, but that only aids handling and comfort. :)

Edited by pro3mark

Round tyres , whatever next :D :D :D

haha!!!

took me a couple of days to get it xD

but i meant the side of them looks really rounded rather than normal square box-like tyres

that was slow though :|

going to see if I can get my starlites sprayed/painted/powdercoated white :)

but unsure whether it's gunna look tacky or not