My Golf VR6

LiamD

So I've now owned this car for 1 year and 2 days. 2nd longest after my Lupo! As much as I'd love an Audi S4 I think I love this even more.

Anyways.. GTi Inters has been and gone and here's some pretty pics and videos.

DSC_0048-5.jpg

DSC_0052-5.jpg

DSC_0053-6.jpg

One bonus of GTi Inters was my surprise result! I won Class 3 in the Sprint at Inters on Sunday! How I managed this I don't know, since my performance modificashunz come to the total cost of 270 pounds, with change left over.

Here's a video of me spanking a modified VR, the burgundy one has a filter, zorst and a re-map.

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk84/davidsonley1/?action=view&current=LiamD2.mp4

Here's a video of me giving an Evo FQ 400 a damn good ****ing go

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk84/davidsonley1/?action=view&current=LiamD1.mp4

Getting R-A-P-E-D by a Corrado VR6 Turbo

LiamD.jpg

LiamD100.jpg

Then i fitted a deep splitter and took a photo with some dick's white Lupo :wub:

34242_408102741093_511031093_4739253_4222808_n.jpg

So yeah. Big Fat Tour this weekend. See ya there, maybe?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Trophy winner, yeah? :lol:

35335_414629751093_511031093_4896028_3258393_n.jpg

Little milestone for the mileage too...

34750_414487751093_511031093_4892258_5131476_n.jpg

Still doing good economy too. Not bad for a drive home from work!

37644_414898111093_511031093_4903515_6609568_n.jpg

Anyway, more stripping out coming soon. Gonna take this to the next level as I want a sub 1000kg VR and to crack 200bhp/ton keeping it N/A.

Oh yeah and the rest of my splitter died when I hit a pothole. Lasted a week longer than the previous deep splitter I had.

vr6 are bullit proof-if looked after

mine lasted for 192k before it went bang :lol:

It tends to get fresh oil and filter every 2 or 3k... and only Synta Silver (unless I urgently need a top up).

Could do with a fuel filter, I imagine it's never been changed.

The chains have never been done to my knowledge, but they don't rattle, so why bother.

I'll probably replace the oil pump and pick up before running gas. It's probably never been done so I'll do it to be on the safe side.

I see so many people at the track spend loads on fancy cams and manifolds, but run crap oil, don't service their cars, and then wonder why they seem slow.

Oh and I've got some decent brakes coming ASAP next month. Nothing too fancy, just enough to stop me better than the warped pieces of crap I have on at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

lol cheers for the pics guys. Although those pics really do show just how bad my cleaning is, and how bad my paint is :lol:

Scott with the green Mk3 did the badge for me :) the black grill piece is temporary as the old one is absolutely battered from stone chips.

we got bored and did some more weight removal yesterday.. i'll post some more pics when i finish cleaning the doors as they look a bit poop right now :)

IMG_1288.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well after putting this up for sale and getting responses along the lines of "best price cash mate" and some dreamers, and mates messing me about, it's staying for the time being.

Bet you never thought this would happen too...

DSC_0002-22.jpg

In winter mode. I say I cleaned it, I basically washed it and left it..

DSC_0004-24.jpg

Back to VR6 lights and some stickers removed.

DSC_0003-24.jpg

Can you tell I like racing?

DSC_0005-21.jpg

The first of my turbo parts turned up the other day. Manifold should be here tomorrow/friday.

DSC_0007-12.jpg

I have fallen back in love with the car now it has an interior in, even if it's in bad nick.

It's also made me drive the car a LOT slower. :lol:

Next step is to purchase the turbo and intercooler. Probably going for a Holset HX30 or HX35, intercooler will be some crazy custom thing I imagine.

Just waiting for a mail back from United Motorsports now with the prices for the ECU/fuelling parts and exactly what parts I need to achieve the figures I want :)

The aim is to take it to Le Mans 24hrs next year with my friend's Renault Extra Van.

turned up today :)

69450_447080796093_511031093_5658576_7096074_n.jpg

69457_447080896093_511031093_5658577_7851380_n.jpg

not pretty, but my god... i'll be surprised if it breaks.

United Motorsports have been mega helpful. They're sorting me out with their ECU software, 6x 42lb injectors and a 95mm billet MAF housing. That'll be purchased after the turbo which should be here next month now as funds have dropped significantly this month. Need to keep an eye out for a short runner intake manifold too, one with a dual fuel rail would be fun should I ever wish to run 12x injectors and go for 1000+ ponies (unlikely) :lol:

it's cast iron. I'll be honest it isn't a fancy SPA manifold, but they are big money (and look identical) and I still have to work to a budget, I'm far from rich and have to factor in I'll have to pay someone to build this motor up. I'll be investing way too much for me to do it and **** it up on the first turn of the key.

I'm not letting any retards near it this time. :angry:

Mr Outhwaite and Mr Leigh will be entrusted with it I hope. A car they built won best engineering at Ed38, and I know they wouldn't let me have the car if it wasn't 200% perfect, as they know I drive cars as they are meant to be driven!

Edited by LiamD