My Golf VR6

LiamD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there next bank holiday Monday. Pop over and say hi.

Don't think I'll have the nitrous set up till August bank holiday. I'm gonna try and run a 125bhp/150bhp shot, so I need a controller and something to monitor the AFR to make sure it doesn't run lean and go boom lol.

Arch rolling for pikeys. Take one oversized wheel, one wheelbrace, drop car down onto wheel brace and roll the car forwards while holding onto the bar...

31130_393401846093_511031093_4344845_5300040_n.jpg

Chipped off the paint, quick rub down with wet and dry and some paint to seal it and i have perfectly smooth rolled arches, well - arch. Didn't do the other side as we accepted the RS4's would not fit and look gash anyway. :lol:

I also took delivery of the "deep" VR6 splitter today. Might get another Vento front end.. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Still got so much more to do my friend. The wheels and tyres aren't clean in that photo nor has it been waxed.

Quick little jobs to do before the weekend's show are -

*Fully polish the exhaust.

*Another wash and polish.

*Clean the glass

*Clean and repaint the wheels

*Clean all the door and boot shuts

If time allows I'll clean the interior and make a start with the engine bay.

Autoglym bug and tar remover is immense stuff!!

Contemplating re-fitting the interior :/

How noisy is it without carpets etc?

Looks good polished, loving the noise it makes :wub:

As for spot the difference, painted the sill strip thingys?

When it had open pipes = LOUD to the point of being ridiculous.

Full exhaust system now = Quiet. I drove it to Dub Mania at the weekend and it was pretty comfortable and peaceful to be honest!

Adrian is right, I removed the gay plastic sill covers.

Went t'Pickering show this weekend. I was an absolute tosser camping, keeping up the strong traditions of Club Sausage Fest, and nearly caused a big fight with a bunch of chavs. :ph34r:

Me and Scotty repped the decked Mk3's.

29360_403697361093_511031093_4613573_5612229_n.jpg

You CAN polish a turd!

29360_403697691093_511031093_4613586_1356646_n.jpg

Jewish Rob's Ibiza Cupraaaaa and Lodgey's silly quick LCR

29360_403697536093_511031093_4613577_6578943_n.jpg

You can see me at GTi International, probs going quite slow up the strip, but I'll try and do some good burnouts to entertain. Autographs are 50p a letter (gotta fund boost somehow).

Ibiza is 209/210bhp, allegedly, not as quick as my VR in a straight line though so we think it may be a few ponies short of that.

The LCR is about 260-280bhp (can't remember RR figures). It's got a de-cat and a remap, nothing spectacular BHP-wise but the way it delivers the power is unlike any other mapped 20vT engine I've seen. Loads of mid range power right where you need it, almost diesel like power delivery but without running out of revs, really weird!

messed about with our cars today, pre cleaning

DSC_0001-18.jpg

DSC_0002-21.jpg

Freemans Ph1 Clio 172 :wub: and Barker's new Mk3 Coupe we bought yesterday

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

thought there would be a bit of love for the french piece of poop, which is actually one damn brilliant bit of kit. After spending a lot of time in it the past few days I am convinced anyone who thinks a Lupo GTi can get anywhere near one lives on the moon with a little green leprechaun

I've always loved the RS Clios, such awesome cars whether they be phase 1 or 2, i prefer the look of that one.

Much more purposeful.

In regard to the comment regarding Lupo v Clio, they're hardly comparable.

Probably still break down though ;)

I've always loved the RS Clios, such awesome cars whether they be phase 1 or 2, i prefer the look of that one.

Much more purposeful.

In regard to the comment regarding Lupo v Clio, they're hardly comparable.

Probably still break down though ;)

Yeah but there's still the daft comments you read... they simply defy the laws of power to weight ratio!

It is very purposeful, rolls on Paradas and once they have heat in it's great fun. Suspension is maybe a little stiff but he's doing engine work to it now.

With regards to the build quality, you might hate me on this but I think the interior is much nicer than a Lupo. No bare metal, brilliant seats and it feels very well screwed together for a Frenchie... maybe it's just a lucky one? :lol:

It feels very well screwed together for a Frenchie... maybe it's just a lucky one? :lol:

Thats ALL i'm going to read :)

No, they are weapons, exactly like 106 GTi's.

I'm not going to put in writing which i'd prefer to take round a track, French or German :)

My tyre fitter refused to take it for a road test cos I wanted to do a video of the noise so when I went shopping I made full use of the covered car park... ;)

my old car in exactly the same bit of car park

enjoy :)