Goin travelling in australia in october.

scoobydoo

Howdy folks.

looking for a camera for goin travelling. have between £120 - £150. mayb a touch more if its worth the extra... general travelling rules apply. lighweight, small,splash proof (possibly).. durable.

cheers for any help...

Glen

Im off to Oz in September... for 6 weeks.... Where abouts you going?

I take an Ixus 980 IS with me as a snapper... and then this lot plus a carbon manfrotto tripod for the good pics... Not much help! lol

IMG_0090.jpg

Howdy folks.

looking for a camera for goin travelling. have between £120 - £150. mayb a touch more if its worth the extra... general travelling rules apply. lighweight, small,splash proof (possibly).. durable.

cheers for any help...

Glen

I have a Sony T20 which I use when I need a compact camera for stuff like holidays and other times that I only need a small camera.

£127 + £6.50 on here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-...93%3A1|294%3A50

Takes some really good quality close ups in Macro and Super Macro mode too! Great little camera all round :)

I have a Sony T20 which I use when I need a compact camera for stuff like holidays and other times that I only need a small camera.

£127 + £6.50 on here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-...93%3A1|294%3A50

Takes some really good quality close ups in Macro and Super Macro mode too! Great little camera all round :)

TBH thats all you need to spend.... these days for a small compact.... I want a snapper that can get wet...

How much is that little lot worth then Mr Canon??

£5K if you buy everything new like i did. B)

working 4 hours out of perth for 3.5 months to get some good solid spending money and then i believe flying to sydney to start our journey... getting the flights booked on monday and gonna discuss actual events we would like to c along the way..

i'll take a peak at that cam.. only thing was had a sony a while back and the screen packed in after 7 months with very limited use. that'll teach me for not looking into the common faults.. but i did like the camera and its features so this will b on my list..

dont have a clue about a camera but my mate just got back from 8 months in Oz and it sounded so good! you'l love it man. surfers paradise sounds sweet from what he said!

yeah 2 lads im off with have already done a year and loved it but i decided to finish my degree, so this time there is nothing stopping me..education done not alot of spending money required to actually get there so jobs a good un..

With the sony one, the battery is rechargeable with an external charger (comes with the camera) so no buying shed loads of batteries

I've had mine 2 years now and not had one problem! :) its been on the floor a number of times too lol

think i have found my camera

canon 2100 IS.. dont no much about cameras but it looks good and canon r pretty good so sweet lol.

canon_powershot_a2100_is-275x207.jpg

• 1 month later...

ended up spending a bit more after reading into cameras for a good few weeks... just ordered the panasonic tz6... 10 x zoom and 25mm wide angle. with 4gb card.. will get another one to prob an 8gb and that will keep me goin id say.. not long now and im off. yippee

• 1 month later...

got all my camera kit sorted i think.

panasonic tz6

2 x rechargable batteries

4GB and 8GB class 6 cards

gorrilla pod

job done i reckon. finally got everything i need, clothes sleeping bag etc.. away in 3 weeks. yippee

Glen

I take an Ixus 980 IS with me as a snapper... and then this lot plus a carbon manfrotto tripod for the good pics... Not much help! lol

IMG_0090.jpg

Jesus ..

you dont do things by halfs do you !

was it you in the white fiat uno

in that tunnel in paris 1997 :lol:

• 3 weeks later...