Nose down...

LiamD

surely if you left the engine in then it would weigh more when you weigh it in for scrap :P:lol:

Or are you filling the sills with lead?

I'm ripping EVERYTHING that can be removed from the shell. Sold another 300 quids worth of bits which will be collected next week. So I've nearly made back the 1500 quid the car cost me with loads left to sell.

Apparently the block is still worth monies... gonna stick it on ebay once the box is off with no reserve...

Water's the next best thing :).

What I'm getting at is that scrappers weigh the stuff when it comes in and know roughly how much a shell of that size will weigh.

If it weighs 200kg more, whether it's weighed down with sand, cement, water or pink elephants they'll still tell you to bugger off!!

I remember when I had a bare GT shell in my backyard. When I say bare I mean nothing on it at all, just a shell.

The scrap dude was driving around so I pulled him and asked if he wanted some scrap. Think I made his day when I showed him a full car shell. Me, him and my dad loaded it onto a drop-side van and away he went. Fun times :lol: