Lupo Vs Arosa

Woodymc

i love arosa's loads more than the lupo but i wil even admit they are a better car, the lupo interior is much better for a start.

i've spent so much time and money on my interior and it doesnt look much bter than a nice standard lupo to be honest. llol

Yeah, except the Mk1 Arosa gets the 1.4 8v engine which no other versions get

The 1.4 TDi powered cars are worth looking at. Good power with a re-map.

I had experience with arosa 1.4 tdi, well, it pulls sporty but 3-cylinder engine makes great noise on lower revs, especially outside. When owner opened the bonnet I thought there is something seriously wrong with the engine because it was obviously noiser than my passat b5 which is tdi, it sounded more like crapy golf mk2 1.6 d - horrible horrible horrible horrible

generaly, I prefer more arosa's front lights than basic roundy on lupo, except 1.2 tdi lupo which is prettier on fascia area than other lupos, not to forget better interior, especially dashboard

Edited by mudoje

I can honestly say there is no difference in the quality of a lupo dash and a MK2 arosa dash!!! The lupo has a slightly difference bobble effect on the dash, but thats it! And i can tell you, they all rattle as much as the other! Arosas have a red glos on the dials, lupos have blue. Both are nice, not sure which i prefer, its just a light! But the red looks more welcoming :lol:

This is where it gets interesting though, as you can not get the 1.4 16v 75BHP in the Arosa, mk1 or mk2. They only put the 1.4 8v in the arosa, which is 60bhp.

So if you want a 1.0, id strongly recommend the Arosa 'S', as it has more kit, remote central locking and electric windows for one. Unless you find a Lupo with opions, you wont get a lupo 1.0 with those luxuries. As they did not make a Lupo 1.0S.

If you want a 1.4 16V 75, then you have to get the 1.4S Lupo, as its not available in the Arosa.

If your getting a sport 1.4 100bhp, in my opinion the only choice is the Arosa sport. As it actually has a sporty front! Not to mention it has a higher spec (side airbags, remote locking, 15" wheels on later models - none are on lupos) AND its also one insurance group lower than the lupo sport, even though it has exactly the same engine. You also get nicer suspension on the Arosas, but you might want to change that anyway.

SDI is worth considering yes, low insurance, same performance as a 1.0 and excellent on fuel. For that you would also need a Lupo, or a mk1 Arosa, as they only did the TDi in the Arosa, which is great!

Personally i much prefer Arosas, because of the front end styling, but they are basically the same and what ever, lupo or arosa, its going to be a good car.

Edited by cardaft

I can honestly say there is no difference in the quality of a lupo dash and a MK2 arosa dash!!! The lupo has a slightly difference bobble effect on the dash, but thats it! And i can tell you, they all rattle as much as the other! Arosas have a red glos on the dials, lupos have blue. Both are nice, not sure which i prefer, its just a light! But the red looks more welcoming :lol:

This is where it gets interesting though, as you can not get the 1.4 16v 75BHP in the Arosa, mk1 or mk2. They only put the 1.4 8v in the arosa, which is 60bhp.

So if you want a 1.0, id strongly recommend the Arosa 'S', as it has more kit, remote central locking and electric windows for one. Unless you find a Lupo with opions, you wont get a lupo 1.0 with those luxuries. As they did not make a Lupo 1.0S.

If you want a 1.4 16V 75, then you have to get the 1.4S Lupo, as its not available in the Arosa.

If your getting a sport 1.4 100bhp, in my opinion the only choice is the Arosa sport. As it actually has a sporty front! Not to mention it has a higher spec (side airbags, remote locking, 15" wheels on later models - none are on lupos) AND its also one insurance group lower than the lupo sport, even though it has exactly the same engine. You also get nicer suspension on the Arosas, but you might want to change that anyway.

SDI is worth considering yes, low insurance, same performance as a 1.0 and excellent on fuel. For that you would also need a Lupo, or a mk1 Arosa, as they only did the TDi in the Arosa, which is great!

Personally i much prefer Arosas, because of the front end styling, but they are basically the same and what ever, lupo or arosa, its going to be a good car.

that was a MASSIVE help thanks pal.

Yeah maybe i thought it looked a very clean example could look nice lowerd with some small black alloys?

obvious difference between quality of enterior and lupo's dash is more stylish, not just light, general styling

I agree about arosa's front lights and it is the same thing actualy so you can choose whatever

I think everyone should visit whatcar.co.uk, not just people from ritain

and IT ISN'T true that ONLY AROSA has 1.4 60 hp engine, no, I saw lupo with it, it is only for Britain that lupo doesn't have this engine

Edited by mudoje

You really need to go and have a good look at a couple of examples. I like the red lights of my Arosa dash, but then I can get a fix of my GTi anytime I want :)

The Arosa comes with a single binnacle cover in the same style as the GTi, whereas the Lupo gets 2 smaller covers: one for each 'clock'.

The Arosa gets circular centre air vents, which sit proud wheras the Lupo gets flat square ones.

They are pretty much the same car, so it's all down to styling. If you like the Arosa, but prefer the Lupo interior, you can always change it!

You really do need to go see which you prefer.

You really need to go and have a good look at a couple of examples. I like the red lights of my Arosa dash, but then I can get a fix of my GTi anytime I want :)

The Arosa comes with a single binnacle cover in the same style as the GTi, whereas the Lupo gets 2 smaller covers: one for each 'clock'.

The Arosa gets circular centre air vents, which sit proud wheras the Lupo gets flat square ones.

They are pretty much the same car, so it's all down to styling. If you like the Arosa, but prefer the Lupo interior, you can always change it!

You really do need to go see which you prefer.

yes, when I said that lupo's enterior is generally better I was thinking on square vents as well, better solution than arosa's roundy

in the end it is question of taste

Edited by mudoje