Brembo Discs and Red Stuff Pads

Steve TDI

I have put this in here to hopefully help anyone to make their minds up as to which discs and pads combo to upgrade to.

I am using this combo on my Corsa which is my track car and the thing will almost do an endo!

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

That is the price for the discs and the Pads were £42. I got the discs from GSF in Sheffield.

DSC02363.jpg

:cheers:

• 2 months later...

Shame they don't do the brembo max disks in tiny (1.4s ) size (Or didn't when I asked the other day) - I'm on my third set of disks and pads in a year because I keep glazing these cheapies over and setting the pads on fire :S

So far i've only needed them once (emergency stop) and they did a very good job at stopping me. Dumb bint just stopped and closed her eyes. I should have let off and rolled a little closer, lol.

I've done plent of stopping games and they just get better each time. Really worth the money and when i'm due for replacements i'll be getting the same again.

will these discs and pads fit a 1.4 lupo sport??

on gsf's website it states this:

60155 BRAKE DISC-VENTED BREMBO LU (Ex. 1.4 16v) 98> 22.25

does that mean excluding 1.4 16v or example 1.4 16v??

I think that means the 1.4s, the 75hp version of the 1.4 16v engine came with smaller brake discs.

But check with someone like nfbr.

So these will fit onto a Lupo Sport? I get so confused! For just over 100 smackers this will be the next thing on my shopping list.

I am thinking the same, its getting to that time where i really should be replacing the front discs. I have been looking at prices and this would be the best

option if they fit the Sport

Can anyone confirm that they would fit the Sport?

These discs are 256mm x 20mm. I am sure that both the TDI and the sports are the same.

Just get a tape measure 1st to double check that you do have 256mm and not the smaller 239mm. You'll be able to tell straight away.

The discs are the same as the MK2 Golf GTI. So if they can't find your listing, ask for them.

If your not on metal to metal then you're just not getting your moneys worth ;)

DSC02365.jpg

Thanks for that. I need to change fronts to back this week so i will check then. When i went to get pricing at Euro Car Pars the print showed the discs being for a Golf so i assume they are the bigger size.

I am amazed just how long the original discs and pads have lasted. The discs are getting quite rusty on the outer edge now. It was an advisory on my MOT 13 months ago but they had no issue with them this time. I don't intend on having them on the car for next years MOT although i would not be surprised if they still had some life in them :D

I need to replace all 4 and was thinking about getting them EBC(?) drilled and grooved with green stuff pads but there £150 a pair.

Are these ones better? :)

I have got the EBC drilled and grooved discs with predator fast track pads and can confirm they stop the car, nicely! :-D

My mate has them on his Sport and they stop it well, they take abit of warming up though!

Just thought if these brembo and redstuff stop it better, for less, then its a win win :P

true....my experience of the ebc pads is that they are dustarific!...only reason I didn't get them! Just a lot of brakedust ALL of the time when I had greenstuff ones...am thinking redstuff would be worse?!....especially with a grooved disc?!?

Well over the weekend i've done about 550 miles and there isn't that much brake dust on the wheels.

Over the weekend my mate was a little nervous about my high speed driving and not being able to stop in time. I said that the car you need to worry about is the one behind us! I said that when we leave the motorway i'll jump on the brakes (if it's safe to do so) and show him how good they are. Needless to say, he was very impressed how well it stops.

Well over the weekend i've done about 550 miles and there isn't that much brake dust on the wheels.

Over the weekend my mate was a little nervous about my high speed driving and not being able to stop in time. I said that the car you need to worry about is the one behind us! I said that when we leave the motorway i'll jump on the brakes (if it's safe to do so) and show him how good they are. Needless to say, he was very impressed how well it stops.

550 miles - just bedded in...i would expect a definate increase in dust from there onwards tbh but i suppose if ya wash the wheels every week who cares! :D

I need to replace all 4 and was thinking about getting them EBC(?) drilled and grooved with green stuff pads but there £150 a pair.

Are these ones better? :)

have you looked at Maxtorq Group N high carbon discs? I run them on mine and they're really good and at a bargain price too at £65.73 for a pair of fronts and £36.11 for a pair of rears..

» Maxtorq Group N discs

Edited by Kam Racing