Audi A2 1.4Tdi Sport

hunid-brake

Hello all just a query on opinions from you guys. Im currently dring a 2001 Lupo Sport 100ps which i can honestly say i love to bits. Its wicked fun to drive and all lupo owners can appreciate how nice it is to have a car thats a little different and no crappy tin saxo. Ive had it two years and have had repeated problems, lambda probe 3 times, snapped pedal box, new clutch, gearbox pinion bearng on way out, cat on way out, central locking temperamental on passengerside, laquer (spelling?) peeling on bonnet, tracking every month it seems, and 1 week before my service was due the engine light came on.... AGAIN. My friend works in garage and brought home the latest snap on diagnostics. Identified problems as injector cylinder intermittent fault and heater circuit fault. Took it to my local VW stealership and £100 later they diagnosed it as a faulty lamber probe... again. They wanted a further £203 to replace it so i told them to order themselves an ambulance for 5 minutes time and rang up the Seat garage i got my car from. They said £100 and its in getting serviced and MOT'd so hopeflly no more problems. Also Seat quoted me £160 for a full service but VW wanted £290!!!! They are ****ing robbing lovely persons. Im currently driving a courtesy car at mo, a brand new eat Ibiza new shape 1.4 Sport. Interior is absolutely stunning but no where near as fast or responsive as the loop. Still ill be gutted when i hand the keys over.

With this all said owning a Lupo is like owning an Alpha Romeo, wicked hen they are working, soul destroying when they go tits up. So i cant take it any more im guna get a new car. I like small cars that arent too common, and something contravertial in appearance. Most people i know dont like Lupos which is why they appeal to me, plus its dripping with character how they cant see that i dont know. So i want an Audi A2 1.4Tdi Sport 90bhp. I wanna get one thats black or silver with the 17"TT rims, leather, and electric glass skyroof. It comes with AC and TC as standard. Bose system etc. Its £35 a year tax where as mine is £145, it only needs servicing every 28k and can achieve up to and over 70mpg. Get it re-mapped and chipped an it could be poky. What do you think of the A2 and have you heard of any common problems with em?

You view please.

Cheers

Its that classic mix of well built german reliability that my Lupo hasn't lived up too. Hopefully a 3 cylinder 1.4Tdi lump will prove more hard wearing. Its a bit more grown up as well ya know? like it hasn't got big baby eyes and pictures of cats and mice on the seats ha ha. This car wouldnt be for speed it would be for really slow rollin like a baby G wagon running on the biggest rims. Blacked out windows, DRL's...... PIMPIN BABY.lol

I like the A2, but isn't the 90hp TDI just a remapped 75hp from the factory (like MINI did with the Toyota 1.4 D4D and do with the PSA 1.6 HDI engine)?

Apart from that, I'd agree with a lowering, but avoid OEM+ wheels (isn't that a fancy 'scene' phrase for dealer fit accessory that nobody could be arsed buying?) and go for something entirely odd.

it only needs servicing every 28k

Aye, right :wacko: . You would have to be mad to let your car do 28k miles between services. The 75bhp engine is the same as the one used in the Lupo and VW specify a 10k service (personally I change the oil every 6k on my TDi). I would like to know what Audi have done to make 28k intervals...

I like the A2, but isn't the 90hp TDI just a remapped 75hp from the factory (like MINI did with the Toyota 1.4 D4D and do with the PSA 1.6 HDI engine)?

Nope the 90bhp has many differences over the 75bhp (they have a VNT turbo for a start). There is someone with one on a2oc.net running around 130bhp IIRC. Get yourself signed up on there and have a good read, lots of good info.

Well I think some of them were running on the longlife service intervals, but 28K would be over-estimated imo.

Even with longlife servicing, I would imagine it be around 15k between services.

Some good info on a2oc.net as mentioned by jon_273

There are subtle differences between the 75bhp and the 90bhp engine. I'm sure someone on the A2 owners club had around 130bhp and 200lb/ft out of one of the 90bhp A2's !

edit: I just saw Jon's post lol.

Edited by nfbr

it only needs servicing every 28k and can achieve up to and over 70mpg. Get it re-mapped and chipped an it could be poky. What do you think of the A2 and have you heard of any common problems with em?

Nobody in their right mind would leave a car 28,000 miles between services! the Longlife service schedual causes more damage than you would ever believe!

As for common problems, it's not mega common but Cylinder heads on these are prone to cracks.

Sorry yes I was just reading from a spec sheet without digesting the information.yes 28k seems long time.I do my Lupo every 10, maybe stretch it to 15 with the A2. **** my mrs hasn't services her mk3 polo for 4 years. That thing also hasn't had a single problem in 4 years, go figure eh??? I've been on the website you mentioned and seen some tasty a2s. nice example of DRLs. Cheers for the feedback guys.

Sorry yes I was just reading from a spec sheet without digesting the information.yes 28k seems long time.I do my Lupo every 10, maybe stretch it to 15 with the A2. **** my mrs hasn't services her mk3 polo for 4 years. That thing also hasn't had a single problem in 4 years, go figure eh??? I've been on the website you mentioned and seen some tasty a2s. nice example of DRLs. Cheers for the feedback guys.

I wouldn't dare leave a service more than 10,000 miles apart or 1 year whichever comes first.

Nope the 90bhp has many differences over the 75bhp (they have a VNT turbo for a start). There is someone with one on a2oc.net running around 130bhp IIRC. Get yourself signed up on there and have a good read, lots of good info.

Ahh, I thought is was merely a quick fix thing they did.

OEM+ I thought was oem parts retrofitted to cars, ie front aero wipers on standard Lupos, and alike....

That's all I thought OEM(+) was, a parts bin special.

these are wicked little pratical cars.. i thought about getting one before the loop !! but i fell in love .. sometimes i kinda regret as the loop is un pratical for my needs as well as getting abit sick of bumps in the road shaking the crap outta me lol.. but i do love it ....

A2 rocks keep us updated id like to see yr progress in all the mods etc ..

I think these are great little cars.. They are a little bit expensive though! I was after one for the other half.. But i wanted the open sky roof. Very hard to come by.

Not sure what will happen to prices now with the new for old scheme... im sure they might devalue slightly as people with that kind of budget opt for a newer car?

I have one.. mildly enhanced ;)

Audi genuine body kit

17" RS6 wheels

Daytime running lights

Revo remap

Plus many more mods..

Pictures on the A2OC gallery here: http://www.a2oc.net/pictures/showgallery.p...amp;ppuser=2590

Best car I've ever owned, costs me nothing to run and is a real hoot to drive.. and I get 30K between services ;)

Edited by driveforward

Thanks so much for your feedback guys.I had a feeling this car would be popular here, us Loopy owners have an acquired and distinctive taste LOL.yeah I am dead set on this now but I need to see if my job is secure at end of may as 450 redundancies are being made at Princess Yachts an if I go I'll need my stash.fingers crossed eh.will I still be able to be an honoury member of the fantastic site.as I'm a true die hard Lupo lover at heart? I was set in my ways that it had to have dark leather interior and sky roof but the chances of gettin these xtras in the tdi sport are slim, seem to be more popular in the 1.6 fsi models.I will get one which is the colour I want with either the leather interior or the skyroof, whatever the best example is obviously. As it's quite an expensive car an lots of money to me, the car I get has to perfect and what I want. Cheers again guys you rock.oh an I'll keep you posted if I make the swap.