I <3 Buffering

Clairey Fairy

Proper random, but my dads Sky wont work on ANY of the Fiver channels. The signal just dies and the picutre goes mad - pixelated, screen freezed, skips and jumps :huh: Its the same sort of thing that would happen if your watching Youtube and the buffer runs out :lol:

Every single other channel is fine, its ONLY the fiver channels. Dad has phoned sky, they gave him a clearing code type thing but this hasnt worked. They've tried all the usual (re-set box etc) but nothing is working.

Any ideas clever chaps?

TIA

:)

Check the dish first... mine did this a while back when some gardeners had bumped it.... get an engineer out to adjust it...

Other than that i know **** all about this kind of thing...

im in broadcast not installs...

Check the dish first... mine did this a while back when some gardeners had bumped it.... get an engineer out to adjust it...

Other than that i know **** all about this kind of thing...

im in broadcast not installs...

Turn up the power then; see if that works!!!

:rolleyes:

i work for sky technical, generally when ive come across such problems its down to dish alignment.

try pressing

services

4 0 1 select

select lnb setup and turn power supply and 22khz command off, save new settings

select lnb setup and press red to reset the above settings, save new settings

press sky button and see if it works, otherwise check connections with box turned off at mains,

otherwise its probably dish needs realigning, get a lot of it where channel 4 stations e4, more 4 etc all dont work, and with setanta too.

no idea about the new software

i have had it over a year.. takes some time getting used too but generally better....

my money is on dish has been knocked? kids with footballs, wind, Fat birds. etc

It seems you are having problems with one MUX. A MUX being a band of channels such as all the Fiver channels.

What box is it, HD or just Sky + and how old is the box.

Some of the old Thomson boxes have trouble with the PSU and a classic sign is one of the MUX's not working.

Worth a shot.

It can't be a problem with HER MUX! there are only about 10 in the country!

They are not in the boxes! actually located at Iselworth, Chillworth, Arquiva in Feltham etc etc....

It can't be a problem with HER MUX! there are only about 10 in the country!

They are not in the boxes! actually located at Iselworth, Chillworth, Arquiva in Feltham etc etc....

I know that! :lol:

But some of the boxes have faults with receiving the signal from the MUX if its on its way out ;)

We have a problem atm!.

on some channels on sky it seems to be zoomed in? mainly on the sport channels etc,

any idea why and how to solve it?

Thanks,

zoomed in? what TV / Box do you have.. If its one channel only then there actually might be a problem with a bit of broadcast kit! if its more than one then its your tv...

think its on a few but it mainly seems to be sky sports news, 401,-405 etc,

TV is a samsung 32" LCD, no idea what moddel but it cost the best park of 1k last year, and the box is sky +

Hope thats some help,

Thanks

Rich,

think its on a few but it mainly seems to be sky sports news, 401,-405 etc,

TV is a samsung 32" LCD, no idea what moddel but it cost the best park of 1k last year, and the box is sky +

Hope thats some help,

Thanks

Rich,

Its your set up... Sports news hasn't got the bit of kit in its TX chain I thought it might be... only the sport channels do and it would have been noticed within a few seconds if it was at fault

Its more likely the TV, It might be on zoom. I use zoom for the movies and somtimes forget to take it off the i miss the top and bottom of the menu.

I have a problem with my sky box also.

There doesn't seem to be any decent programmes on today? How do I fix this without resorting to DVD's or Video Games?