Volksfling 2009

Clairey Fairy

*screams with excitement*

im so god dam excited!!! BBOOOOZZZEEEE

the loop's ass will be dragging along the road with the stuff im taking....but at least i'll be prepared!! :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lauryn
Think you went on the wrong day guys, Sunday is always busiest.

Will be there tomorrow so we shall see.

There just wasnt anything happening really, theres only so much time you can spend walking round looking at cars and talking to people, I think to enjoy it properly you would need to camp and have a few drinks! TBH it wasnt really very busy with cars, and there was no entertainment (apart from 2 cars in the middle of the field sliding around :huh: ), maybe thats why I didnt really enjoy it. Hopefully tomorrow is better for you :D

As Colin said, Sunday is best. It is, as should be a family orientated event and has some seriously good air.

It was a great day last year, but you need to keep an open mind. grab a beer and a sarnie and watch the antics in the arena. I found everyone I stood next to would talk for ages: real friendly environment without scantily clad girls and dance music blaring all over the show.

Shame I missed it this year though.

Well, just in and it was a good day, as Ray says a lot of great air cooled stuff, but the water cooled was well represented too.

Rare sunny day albielt a bit windy, dont know if I have sun or wind burn.

Nice speaking to those I did and sorry I missed those I didnt.

Finally well done Linz, another trophy for the mantlepiece :)

I was drunk. Lots.

As I said in a post earlier, the show is what you make of it. I had an ace weekend, constant banter from start to finish.

I was drunk. Lots.

As I said in a post earlier, the show is what you make of it. I had an ace weekend, constant banter from start to finish.

Never saw you, where were you hiding?

I was all over, I saw you at one point but I turned round and you were gone lol. I went up on Friday afternoon and camped both nights, excellento!

Thank you! I wasn't overly hopeful of a prize considering it was just one class for water-cooled cars (well two ... modded and standard) so was really pleased. :D

Was a great day out - quality cars, top banter and cracking weather! My face and neck are really burnt - never felt it at the time as it was quite windy at times.

No they didnt take the dog, competition was stiff though a lot of black labs :)

My car of the show ;)

2009-05-24Volksfling034.jpg

There were lots of labs ... but if Homar had been there he would have won!!!

We agreed on that Beetle - it won a Show & Shine prize from the Saturday, but official car of the show was the orangey/bronzey coloured beetle,

Well done Linz, did Byron take the bus? Did you beat him?

:)

Yes ... and yes! :D It was there primarily to show off the "FOR SALE" signs. I will upload a few pics shortly and post them up (never took many as I was getting progressively more poorly as the day went on :( )